Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC-3 Has just arrived !!!! :) - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

The Dac-3 has just arrived. I suspect others that have pre-ordered it have just got it too...

First impressions are... good. Its 3U as you know, and heavier than you might think. Construction seems very robust. The best features I think are the wheels are they freespin freely. All the buttons have a nice rubber feel and a distinctive click when you press them.

It comes with no drivers at all, and one usb cable, and a manual for use with PCDJ - which of course i have ignored.

Now to try and get it working with VDJ (3.1).

Plugged it into PC - All the lights flash once and the displays glow blue but no text as yet. Windows detects it straight away as and HID Compliant device. Cool.

Ok, now i'm stuck. Assume we don't try it under VDJ as a DAC2/DMC1 - instead selected Midi. - Need to configure this. I've never done this before, never had any midi controllers, have only used the Hercules. Any suggestions as I try to config the controls & display for use with VDJ appreciated. There is no mapping software or any disks for that matter coming with the DAC-3.

geposted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:37 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
To setup MIDI control, first ensure that "enable MIDI" is checked in the remote control section of setup.

Then, go to 'keyboard shortcuts' and click "add."
Next, choose a function group and function in the first 2 boxes. For example, "deck controls", "play"
press the button you want to map to that function, for example the 'play' button and you should see the corresponding MIDI control number just above that section of the window. Alternatively, you could just press a key on the keyboard to map that key to the function and you should see that instead.
Notice that there are function specific options for many of the functions; for example, play can be assigned to either deck, or assigned to the default deck; the momentary option means that the action only happens while that key or MIDI control is activated. Other options are more or less documented in the upper right pane of the window.

Now, just click OK, get out of setup, and your shortcut should be configured.
If you can't get it to work with MIDI, try setting up a shortcut using the keyboard first to make sure you understand what you are doing.

Hope this helps,
-Frd

geposted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 8:24 pm
Thanks for advice...

Tryed That, Enabled Midi, then tryed setting up in the shortcuts, Unfortunately It does not recognise when I press the buttons on the DAC-3. Keyboard shortcuts I can set up fine though. When the DAC-3 is plugged in it installs two things automatically (HID & USB drivers). However NO drivers came with the DAC-3. I think what is needed is a MIDI driver for the DAC-3 to make it compatible with virtual DJ or any other software other than PCDJ for that matter, but no it came with no disks :(

Hopefully (please VDJ developers) they will make it an option like the DAC-2. What would be really smart is if VDJ could light up the buttons and output stats to the display as well - Maybe if enough people ask..... I'm not sure but I heard a rumour that the dac-3 coding maybe opensource, which should please the developers.

For now I'd just be happy with being able to map the buttons - it really is a nice bit of hardware... but I don't want to use PCDJ, cos I love VDJ.....

So who do we need the midi driver from? Visiosonic i guess....

geposted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:43 pm
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I feel ya. I'm hoping to receive my DAC-3 by probably the end of next week here in the States.
I've already got a 1U blank plate above the DAC-2 preparing for the swapout. I think quite a few users will join in this discussion soon. Sure wish Cyder would get his hands on one!

geposted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 1:40 am
I have a DAC-3 on order too, which should be arriving tomorrow with any luck.

Proper native support is needed for this in VDJ as soon as possible (I too don't want to be forced to use PCDJ! :(

Although with working MIDI it should be possible (With a bit of time and effort) to map this up to work with VDJ, proper support (Preferably with a mapper similar to the XP10 to allow full customisation) is needed for the following reasons:

* Allow the LCD displays, lighted cue/play buttons and other indicator lights to work.

* Accurate pitch slider adjustment - MIDI is limited to 128 unique values, which isn't really accurate enough for manual beat matching.

* Jog wheels - Not sure whether it's possible to map these via MIDI so that they allow fast cueing (Similar to touch-sensitive part of XP10) when stopped/paused and fine pitch bends (Similar to outer edge of XP10 during play. From what I've read, they should function like this when used with PCDJ.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 12:52 pm
I just got this reply on the PCDJ forum regarding my query for a midi driver for the DAC-3 :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are correct. The Midi drivers and other such drivers will be released around the same time as we get the software. So shouldnt have to wait to long now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will keep you updated, at the moment, I have a new toy i can't play with :( !

geposted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 1:34 pm
So in fact they once again ship an incomplete product.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 4:44 pm
Yesterday I sold HDJC and
just ordered DAC2 but was told that they had 3 1/2 week delay because of waiting for new batch.

Fortunately VDJ has full support of DAC2.

(just waiting for the import tax amount (if any) :-( )

geposted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 5:40 pm
I'm gonna hold out for the drivers for the midi drivers for the DAC-3. Although I really hope VDJ implements native drivers in a future version, for the reasons discussed earlier, rather than just setting it up under MIDI. Do I need to request this under the new features forum?, or is this something that is likely to be implemented anyway. Suppose it depends on demand.

geposted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 6:12 pm
Still waiting for the midi drivers for the DAC-3 from visiosonic... Seems no real interest though on there forums.... Maybe i'm just impatient..

I'm thinking the DAC-3 could be a real alternative to a pair of xp-10s, especially if we can use that job wheel to scratch! - don't think the midi driver will let us do that though.

Is anyone else waiting patiently, or is it just me. Have you guys in the states received your DAC-3's yet ?

Really can't believe they despatched the hardware with no software drivers ! Apparently even PC-DJ users are waiting for a driver!

geposted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 2:43 pm
If you read the DAC-3 threads on the Visiosonic forums, you'll see that Ryan is expecting the shipment, via truck, this afternoon (Sept 21), as it was coming from Atlanta, GA this morning. It's like Christmas waiting for this device.

geposted Wed 21 Sep 05 @ 8:45 pm
Received mine today. It looks very professional and is solidly built. It's a real shame that no drivers were supplied with it and none are available yet. Hopefully proper support will be added to VDJ in the near future.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 1:42 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Quote : "With the addition of MIDI capability, the DAC-3 is ready to go out of the box with any MIDI compatible application. " errr no its not lol

geposted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 3:38 am
Is there any real advantage to a DAC-3 (other than the wheels) over a DAC-2 with MIDI drivers from Gizmolabs ?

geposted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 7:56 am
Sure there is. Many more (programmable) buttons, and straight USB interface for starters.
Obsolescence resistance (regarding MIDI) also.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 12:52 pm
Also - a 3U design - those buttons are not so close together... much better layout.
I'm really hopeing we can use those job wheels a bit like the hercules - IE) to scratch or pitch bend. Those extra buttons can be assigned as well...

That said... nothing on the visiosonic forums about software/drivers, and 48 hours have passed. Anyone out there no how to make a midi driver ????

Tomsound - Have you got your DAC yet. I can't believe us here in the UK got em before you guys !! - Not thats it any good without software.

Would also request a response from VDJ Developers regarding natives support for the VDJ as discussed earlier in the thread. Dates/Timescales would be good if so..

Sorry for being so impatient, you know what its like when you've got a new toy you can't use.....

geposted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 3:57 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Guys I just got word from pcdj (makers of the dac-3) that they are working to fix this. You should know something rather quickly.

geposted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 3:49 am
I'm predicting a three business day ship time from today. That means I should have mine by next Wednesday. The US bound DAC-3's made it to Visiosonic yesterday afternoon. They'll spend the next several days shipping them from there (Florida). DJ Cyder is pressuring them to get going with the MIDI drivers and VDJ compatibility. He carries a big stick. ;-)

geposted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 2:32 pm
PCDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Tom,

You should be right on target with your ship date.

My apologies to the guys in the UK, our distributor there got a little excited and shipped prematurely.

I'll be sending Cyder a link for the MIDI drivers as soon as it's sent to me from development.

Best,

Andrew
PCDJ Team

geposted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 3:42 pm
Fantastic :)

Now what shall we map all those new buttons too..

Any ideas :) - I might post by midi-map file once done :)

Do you reckon we can map the jog wheels somehow for either pitch bend, or scratch (like the hercules).

Cyder - are you gonna get one to play with? Don't think it will fit in your old box but maybe your new rig ? - would love your thoughts on the thing.

Do you think we will ever see native support for it in VDJ, or just standard midi support ? (I've never own'd a DAC-2, do the LCD's work with VDJ?)

geposted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 3:59 pm
39%