Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Working Bypass Solution?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

zachaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does ANYONE have ANY working solution for bypassing vinyls? I have already tried several things beginning by using the bypass feature in the software which kills your heights and gives you a dull sound. Same by using RCA splitter cables. Using a phono preamp with rca splitters works but the TCV signal is too bad. I had this setup last thursday in club use and was really one tick away from throwing all the stuff out of the window. My VDJ setup totally gave up and I had to finish my set with the 20 vinyls I fortunately had in my bag. PLEASE, PLEASE help me I can _not_ work this way! I can not always connect or disconnect the turntables when another djs begins his set or when I wan't to play one of my vinyls!

I am using a maya44 usb 2 technics 1210 and a pioneer djm-500 mixer. Am really not far away from picking a final scratch package.

geposted Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 5:34 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i don't see how having the Y split would effect the TC signal it should be the same as before , your mixer should be on line for TCV and phono for real vinyl. Are you saying that the split signal was causing TC no to get full 100% i am getting Y's soon to try this

geposted Mon 24 Oct 05 @ 9:31 pm
if you are using a split cable without the preamp you change the impedance of the setup and beacause the phono signal is very low voltage it loses it's heights. when I use a phono preamp the signal becomes worth dunno why, expecting all the cables and adapters causing that. you don't even get a signal > 80%- BAD BAD BAD! I can't imagine anyone is really using such a setup semi- or professionally. it's just not realiable enough. i think i gonna get alcatech's digiscratch have the demo version here and it's much more reliable with a very resistent timecode.

geposted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 6:23 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
zacha is right, Y split cables/adapters is not the solution.
I made a little plastic box with 2 switches (simillar to those phono/line in mixers) to use at the club with TCCD, so when i, or other dj need to use cd's instead of the software just turn these switches. You can do something simillar, it needs some time and soldering experience but is much ...cheaper than buy final scratch for this reason.

geposted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 8:03 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Is the way to go, this switch is the best way to get this working quickly and without any sound problems.

geposted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 10:21 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i don't understand how is that box different from the mixer phono/line switch?

geposted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 10:26 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Is similar to phono/line operation, but the electrical load for each device (TTs and Computer) will be one OR the other. With a splitter you have TTs AND Computer soundcard resistance (impedance) in a PARALLEL and the total impedance change is other than the specification need for each device. It depends in the specs of each device to be worst in one system than another.

Is an electrical problem (The Ohm law), with some equipment when you make a splitter you may use one or another device at the SAME time, the resistance is always present and this could be an issue to noise or an improper operation. When you put a switch between the splitter an the devices you preserve the same specs for each device all the time and you don't have any problems at all.

geposted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 11:08 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I was talking about CDTC so my little box is a line/line switch to choose between maya and cd outputs, just because these pioneer 500 mixers have not enough line inputs...
TCV is little different, the switch must isolate the phono outs (from turntable) so the low phono signal is connected either to the maya inputs either to the phono in (mixer) not on both at the same time (Y splitters)
I think it's clear now.

geposted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 11:19 pm
I already thought about such a switch myself but am a total electric- n00b isn't there possibly something I could simply buy? ;-) i am not an electrician ...

btw... has someone found a possibility to bypass the signals using the maya control panel? if I activate the [ ] in 3+4 monitor option the signal od ch 3+4 is passed to the output channels 1+2.. just as the signal of line-in chans 1+2

geposted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 5:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)