Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dual screen video?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

is it possible to run virtual dj on my main monitor and my vid's on another to display for the crowd? i would like to do it with my existing card i have an nvida gforce 5200 with serial and s video out. if not could someone explain what i have to get to do this? thanks
D.Jay

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 4:43 pm
close VDJ.

Right click on desktop > properties > settings > click on the monitor with the big "2" on it
and click "extend my desktop onto this monitor" click okay

start vdj

Just go in virtualdj CONFIG > VIDEO > activate and select the output other than "window"

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 6:16 pm
i dont see a monitor with a big "2" on it

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 6:27 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djayentertainment,

You must have a projector or TV conected in the S-Video output, then you could see another screen in the configuration.

Try this too, In your Windows Desktop right-click your mouse and select "Properties" then "Configuration" You must be able to see 2 squares, one with a number 1 and other with the number 2. You must select "Extend your Windows Desktop to this monitor" and follow the previous post instructions.

Good Luck!

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 8:16 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Another Tip: If you can see in the settings of your videocard the option "Force TV detection" you can enable this one, then your PC will not check if there is a TV connected and will give always a signal on the TV-out.

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 9:20 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
you must boot with both monitor attached

geposted Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 9:35 pm
Follow Cyder's advice. Many newbies have trouble becuae they try to attach the monitor or tv AFTER booting.

geposted Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 7:26 am
How do you select 2 external monitors to run the full video without a splitter ie using 3 vid cards ( 1 for VDJ and 2 for 2 x LCD Panel ) davefromlondon

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 3:46 am

DVD resolution is 720x480. I can use S-Video or Composite RCA video output to use a splitter and get the job done. It's useless to have 3 Video Cards, first because ther is no hardware that could let you have 4 PCI-e x16 or 4 AGP8x to use 4 videocards. If I use PCI only videocards the performance will suck.

As I said, if y only can have 720x480 resolution because the DVD quality, why I have to use 1280x1024 (or greater) display monitors?, that's why I suggest to use S-Video or Composite Video to do this work. Or you could use a XVGA Splitter (x4 or 8 or 16 outputs) and connect PC monitors to display your video outputs. You cannot use more than 2 monitors in a single instance of VDJ.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 9:55 am
ok, so to confirm, I can only have vdj software on 1 x monitor and video on 1 x monitor ( or split signall with splitter to give more of the same )

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 11:43 pm
acw dj - thanks, another question, you said You cannot use more than 2 monitors in a single instance of VDJ. - how about 3 monitors, 2 of which in clone mode for full scree nvideo on 2 lcd panel and 3rd for vdj software

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 7:41 pm
There is the ASUS P5WD2-E Premium, which handles two PCI-express cards using ATI's CrossFire technology.

geposted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 4:32 am

geposted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 8:28 pm
I got 2 vid cards working on std motherboard - ATi 7000 pci and ati 800 PCI E -both are dual head.
I run VDJ app on pci card and 2 cloned screens on PCI E card for full video ( I'm also splitting 1 to a 3rd projector )
worked great, even with 3d transition....
till I messed with the ATI hyper***** software that sent a french error message & lock up:

"erreur............Debugger detect? Fermer le et relancez l’application!

Pour certain debuggers comme softice, Filemon, Regmon, vous devez redemarer votre pc pour pouvior lancer l’application; Pour certain logicels destiness au cracking, comme IceExt vous devez les desinstallet pour pouvoir lancer l’application"

I created Ticket 1141082286 to solve this.
I still get the error message & lock when i re install 3.2 plus 3.3 upgrade ( from clean source of software) HOWEVER, I dont get the message and am runnink ok if i reinstall 3.2 but not the 3.3 upgrade. I then installed 3.2 ans 3.3 upgrade on another pc and worked fine !!
Davefromlondon

geposted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 1:11 am
support telsl me my error will be fixed in 3.4 meanwhile all is ok in 3.2 - 2 vid cards work great

geposted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 11:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)