Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecoded Vinyl Help !!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Im a beginner from Romania.
I want know if i buy only 2XTimecoded Vinyl and if i have 2 sound cards on my computer, ca i make it work.
No other stuff like mixer, cd players , etc...
Im thinkin to buy myself 2XTimecoded Vinyl, andplug them to my sound cards...
I use 2 sound cards and Atomix Virtual dj software..
Do i need to buy ennithing else ?

Pleaze Email me at --@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry sugipula no email address is allowed from a demo user

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 12:42 am
well to answer one of your questions fairly enough.

If you want to use 2 TCVs you will need the following...

1 - Full registered version of VDJ
2 - A Mixer

As far as using 2 different soundcards to run the TCVs I am not sure since I use 1 ASIO soundcard however other VDJ users can answer that one if they use 2 soundcards for TCVs.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 2:00 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes, you really would need a mixer to get any use out of the turntables with TCV but to answer your question you would need one soundcard for each turntable, so you would need a total of 2 soundcards. With the cards you will have to use a small program called ASIO4ALL(do a quick search and you'll find it)
it emulates asio(low latency) for cards that do not support it, both of mine work very well, how well they work depends on the card so not all will give you good performance. I had to try 3 until i found one that worked but if its a fairly recent card it should be ok.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 3:51 am
Thx guys !!!
Ill try to use 2X Timecoded Vinyls and 2X sound cars...
My problem is that i dont have enough money to buy ennithing else exept the 2X Timecoded Vinyls !!!
If u can give me an example of what sound card (!!!!low price !!!!) should i use with 2X Timecoded Vinyls.

I don't have enough money to buy other stuff....
I only mixed with my vomputer's keyboard (!!!!) and i like the ideea of plugin those Timecoded Vinyls
to my 2 soundcars and improve my mixin work...

I have and AMD Sempron - CPU, one onbord VIA AC97 soundcard and a C-media (5,1) soundcard...
It will work....
I only have 40 euro and i really need to know if is ok to buy those 2XTimecoded Vinyl.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 10:34 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No, it's not OK. You need to buy VDJ full-version first so that the people who worked on it get compensated.

In your price range (40Euros) you can get the Home Edition 2006 version that's about to come out, but unfortunately no TCV solution.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 10:45 am
DJ Bambi is right. buy VDJ first then worry about TCV.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 3:46 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i would suggest buying VDJ and an external mixer, that way you get used to more control without jumping right into TC world

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 4:20 pm
Ok i WILL buy the license too...
But i'm still askin, regarding my computer configuration and my 2 soundcard, THAT IT WILL WORK ???
Without a mixer or other stuff....
My computer + 2 Soundcards( first onboard and second PCI) + 2 X TC + VDJ license....
Is enough...?

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:13 pm
NO you MUST use an external mixer in order to use 2 turntables with TCV.

I would recommend using an ASIO soundcard which would give you much lower latency and a much more realistic feel of vinyl.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:38 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
sugipula,

I can believe nobody ask you this before... Where are you going to play your TCVs??? You don't have money and you need TURNTABLES my friend... You could use it without a mixer, but not without Turntables ok? and if you don't buy VirtualDJ is not going to work for you.

You're option is to buy AtomixMP3 now $69 or wait the Home Edition 2006. My recommendation is find a way to earn $149 usd and buy VirtualDJ, don't use other versions unless you want to be frustated because the things that should work, don't work at all.

Your Computer will work great with VDJ if you have 512RAM or Tune your system so VDJ could work with 256MB. If you plan to play video, you need a good Graphics Card and 1GB RAM also.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:44 pm
I have the vdj 3 home edition plus numark turntables , if i buy the tcv's what else do i need?

geposted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 6:50 pm
Hi i'm a Italian Dj, i play techno music and i want buy the virtual dj program and the timecoded vinyl.
I have a notebbok ASUS Pentium 4 (2.5 Ghz) 512Mbyte DDR HD 40 Gbyte and a Cmedia Sound card. I have reed that i need another sound card for the virtual dj.
Now i have to buy an external sound card for my notebook and i want know what is better!.
I want buy a Creative Audigy 2 PCMCA sound card is good for the latency time?
A Maya 44 Usb sound card is better?
There is an external sound card for notebook that is better to reduce the latency time?
Please answer.
--@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry Amenoise no email address is allowed from a demo user

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 1:07 pm
Get a maya44 usb - you can use its native asio driver in VDJ for some low-latency timecoded action, there are a couple of other cards as well I think a delta44something_or_other works also. Other sound cards you will probably have to use a little program called asio4all to get it to work in vdj

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 1:09 pm
Thank you nickgoodman.
You say that the maya 44USB is better than Creative Audigy2?
Can you tell me more about the difference on the latency?
On the site of Creative i have read that the audigy 2 has ASIO driver 2.0 (What is?)
IN any case a solution at low price for notebbok is a Maya 44?
With the maya 44 USB the track follow me in real time when i move the timecoded vinyl (to put in time the song) on my turntable(or the program)?

geposted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 4:35 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if your going to use an audigy you need to make sure it has 2 sterio line level inputs. the audigys and maya 44 are both the same latencies (virtualy none). ASIO drivers let you use a sound card with low latency. both the creative and the MAYA have ASIO drivers

geposted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 5:37 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Creative Audigy 2 ZS for notebook don't have 2 stereo line inputs. The only solution from Creative is the E-MU 1616 PCMCIA. Maybe is better to get another option.

Good Luck!

geposted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 7:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)