Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: which sound card do you use?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

iamtonyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i just purchased my hercules mp3 controller and and the virtual dj software. i already had a mobile pre usb sound card, which appearnently wont let me play my headphones to a dedicated serperate channel.

so i am wondering, what usb sound card do you use?

thanks.

geposted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 11:23 pm
I use the Hercules MK2 controller, with built-in soundcard.....

You should be able to have headphone prelisten to your usb card, if not, use the pc soundcard for prelisten, and usb card for master out....

geposted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 11:41 pm
i wish it was that easy but it isnt.

i wish this was more straight forward. very very frustraited right now.

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 12:02 am
and it says that im am home edition user version 2 which shouldnt be. i used the disk that was with my hurcules and its version 3.1 on my computer but the serail number is coming up with version 2 home edition. im not too sure whats going on right now but this software is the weak link in what im trying to accomplish.

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 12:05 am
The version 2 home edition refers to th3 hercules being version2, the software you got is a special (meaning not equal to the full 'pro')version of VDJ 3.1

The software is a bonus, an extra which comes with the Hercules. Just like Symantec ships their previous versions of Internet security with broadband routers and such.. If you want the full benefits of the 'PRO' version of VDJ you buy the full version at a discount price..

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 12:24 am
thats fine, i am willing to spend a couple more bucks if this all works. im not gonna put any money into this software until i can get a reccomendation on external usb sound cards and i know that this is gonna do what i want it to do, which is simply to play my headphones on a seperate channel.

how much is the software upgrade and where would i go to download it?

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 12:47 am
and WHY would i have to spend more money on software when its advertised on the box "virtual dj 3" and then im given the home edition version 2?

this is very shady.

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 12:51 am
@iamtony

It says on the Hercules box, Virtual DJ CONSOLE EDITION.... which is an editon of our software that is working with the console.. As a free bonus when getting the console.
Its non-time limited, and fully working.

for a comparison of our products, look here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Ok, but still... headphone prelisten is possible with the Home edition that you have.
Please look carefully in soundcard setup, and choose the one that gives you headphone out.

I'm not totaly sure how it looks in your version, but it might be one of these :
- Picture of the hercules console, then choose soundcard and 7.1 option.
- Picture of a soundcard 4.1 + speaker + headset

take a closer look, we are gonna make this work for u ;)

Maybe someone with the Home edition can help out here?

:)

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 1:28 am
thanks. i figured its gonna be much easier and around the same price for me to return the hercules mp3 controller and upgrade to the hercules mk2 which has the sound support that i need as apposed to dealing with another sound card.

how much is it to upgrade the software?

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 1:43 am

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 9:42 am
this looks as if its the 2006 home edition but not the vdj pro version. am i correct?

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 11:51 am
You have a CONSOLE version of the Home Edition, so kinda correct, yes...

But as a Hercules MK2 user, your discount is HIGHER than for those who only have the Home edition.

Look closely here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html (at DJConsole MK2 users discount)

geposted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 2:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)