Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Wierdest skipping problem 3.0

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Last week i had the wierdest trouble tuning my laptop for VDJ-use.

Because of M$ making a mess of the system's registry, i have to re-install a machine at least once a year. So i re-installed M$-XP sp2 on my new fresh formatted laptop. i installed the maya 44USB drivers, wavelab, project5, soundforge etc and VDJ 3.0

all the apps were running like lightning.. only 20%..40% cpu-load. also vdj was running reasonable ok. except for the skipping. vdj was using 20% cpu load. pagefile was only about 300mb (i have 512 mb ram). so there was no memory/cpu-stress, but still vdj was skipping a lot. i tried every single item in the 'skipping solution' list.
I have done lots of troubleshooting (VDJ) on older hardware before (2 years allmost)

there was only 1 thing that helped: turning off ALL of the video accelerationhardware.
(i have an ATI Radeon 9700 chipset in my laptop)

that's wierd, because i never had that problem before on my laptop using VDJ.

but, after de-installing 3.0 and installing 3.2 i could re-enable all of the 3d acceleration of the ati chipset again without making VDJ skip.

so.. no complaining, but i still think that's wierd .. how can a videocarddriver cause skipping in a DJ-application?

geposted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 12:19 pm
well... PC's have personalities for sure :) hard to tell why it acts funny sometimes....

One possible reason is that your videocard and soundcard was asigned to same IRQ after the reinstall = big skipping problems with VDJ :)

but can be a number of other things as well.....

geposted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 2:44 pm
howdy dj-in-norway.. good to see you again.

yeah well what-ever it was, it was solved by upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2
i also read somewhere else in this forum that there was another problem using the latest nvidia drivers. So i think video-drivers have a lot to do with virtualdj afterall.

anyway vdj 3.2 runs as it should run on my laptop now, so no complains.

tip: when your system is perfectly tuned for VDJ, take a Harddrive-snapshot with 'Norton Ghost' or 'Acronis true image'. If something goes wrong, in just a few minutes you can restore your machine like the way it was before and continue mixing ;-)

geposted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 3:43 pm
hi cannonball ;) long time ... Hope all is well in the Netherlands ;)

good to hear 3.2 works well then....

Maybe it was the nvidia drivers, will rememer that if anyone else should have issues :)

geposted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 3:48 pm

geposted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 3:54 pm
Of course Nvida drivers works well on ATI card ;) LOOOOL *blush*

geposted Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 4:04 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)