Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Getdown video..exact equiment used??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

billmanHome userMember since 2005
Hey Guys, new to the site. Amazed with the video! I want to get the same exact equipment as DJ Getdown in the video. I don´t care about price or if something is better. I just want to know what exact equipment he used in the video. Can someone help me out?? thanks..

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 12:14 am
Well for turntables he's using 2 technics SL1200s

mixer: Gemini UMX-???

if your looking for similar equipment here is what I would recommend (of course if price is NOT an issue as you said)

technics SL 1200s (although there are other turntables you can purchase like the Numark TTx and Stanton 150s which offer straight tone arms which are great for scratching

for a mixer the best battle/scratch mixer I can actually recommend is the Pioneer DJM-909

this equipment is definatelly pricey although there are many other alternatives for starters.

Oh and of course the full registered version of Virtual DJ and Virtual DJ TCVs

If you want to get into scratching make sure you really want to spend the time needed for learning and practicing.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 12:32 am
cool thanks for advice.

I am new to this dj thing, but the way I look at it..is like computers. You buy the best you can get now, which gives you the option to broaden out if you want to. Rather than paying $$ for something, realizing you need more (and that is always the case), having to try to sell what you have and in the end paying even more $$$ and wasting time.

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 1:10 am
yeah but start off slow man. get VDJ now. Learn it well then when you think your ready to get something better you can broaden your setup. go to your local DJ store that sells and demos hardware and test out different turntables or CD decks (the one you would like to have since most new CD decks now also have the ability to scratch) and once you make up your mind on the one you want, buy it. Its good to get the best available so you don't have to try and sell or stuck with others in a closet. Your only as good as your equipment will allow. Getting what is best for me or best for DJ Getdown might not be what is best for YOU. Test equipment out ask friends (if you have any DJ friends around your place) if you can try their equipment out etc.

Every year there's something new and better and it will always continue that way. So save up and get what you really want.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 3:35 am
Roger that!!

Hey, does anyone know what mixer DJ Getdown is using in the video?? I spent hours trying to find it and came up with nothing.

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:41 pm
hate to tell yas white devil but those turntables he uses are gemini knockoffs

-gauge

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:48 pm
So, where do you get those??

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:59 pm
hehe yeah the tables are hard to tell since there's a silver plate over top of it although it can be techs as well as Gemini tts. Only thing he changed (if they were stock) is the LED kit to make them blue.

And the mixer seems to be a discontinued mixer so if you were looking to get the same mixer you can check out Gemini's line of stock to see what new equipment they currently offer.

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 6:30 pm
I was looking on the gemini site for that mixer. I think I found it in the discontinued section..looks like the UMX-SE

can anyone back me up on this?

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 8:48 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey easy on the Gemini deck's :)

actually there is a dj decks timecode video showing a 1200 vs. pt2000 , you can watch to compair just the hardware since we already know what software is better.

honestly that getdown video bugs me for some reason.

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 9:11 pm
Gemini aren't all that bad but they were never top of the line equipment.

That getdown video bugs me too but I'm not pulling out any comments on it.

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 10:19 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i was joking and yes they were always the poor dj's choice ;) but pt 2000's can hold it down.

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 10:31 pm
I would like to see more videos of DJs pushing Virtual DJ software to the limits to show off more of its capabilities. I really didn´t see any samples or effects used from the software itself.

geposted Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 11:50 pm
i was knockin geminis at all, just saying everyone knows get down is sponsored by gemini so of course its all gemeni gear.
-gauge

geposted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 4:44 am
mfshvaHome userMember since 2005
and what for a soundcard he is using? I think you can not make such a video with the expensivest eqipment when you don´t have a good soundcard with low latencies

geposted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 9:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)