Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [Fixed in vdj3.3] Slideshow memory leak

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,
For the last two weeks my VDJ sometimes crashes with some kind of "critical error". An screen with an Smiley appears asking to recover or shut down. It's very anoying, I play videos as well as images and plugins and when error appears i must shut down VDJ and my projector and continue the session with CD's.
I've been playing with VDJ for more than a year and never happend this.
I use an MK2, an asus W1N Centrino 1.7 1Gb ram with ATI 9600 and never had problems.
Anyone can help? A crash with VDJ playing videos with 600 people looking at them is worst than when you are only playing MP3 because people realizes something wrong happens.
I use CDJ200S skin....for more information
do you know which can be the problem? How can i contact support team?
I monitored the memory and goes down each time i load video, images or plugins....perhaps that's because crashes, when it runs out of memory.
I supose 1Giga ram should be enouth to work with VDJ...!
I tried closing the antivirus and all the programs resident in memory in order to light the memory load but VDJ takes all the memory...
I don't know what to do, it's anoying working like this, i must find a solution as i play in clubs the whole week.
Thanks for the interest
DJ Kike

geposted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 4:13 am
Hey, lot of people reading but no one writing....Am I the only one wuth this FATAL ERROR problem?

geposted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 4:25 am
well.. it never crashes for me... and guess not for the rest that read this topic too.. .luckily:)

not sure why you have an issue, but PC's can have a bit of bad "personality" sometimes...

Seems you checked memory usage.

Please check this also:
- IRQ sharing (does soundcard and grahic card share irqs... VDJ does not like that)
- Since you had no crash before the mk2, does the mk2 share IRQs? (USB, not even windwos like that)

Just trying to help, I know I had some issues with IRQ that I needed to fix

geposted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 6:04 pm
Thanks, something new i still haven't checked. Please, can you help me checking IRQ....how must i proceed? i never worked this issue.
I hope you will be right dj-in-norway, perhaps the problem is having installed before old hdjc and some old config still remains.

geposted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 11:46 pm
I unchecked slideshow and VDJ seems to be stable again.

PS. Can anyone help me about checking goog IRQ sharing setings?

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 11:44 am
If slideshow was the issue, then there is no need to change IRQs :)

Windows have a built-in irq sharing engine that is SUPPOSED to make irq sharing work well, and it often do... but sometimes (like often in Windows) it does not..

In your case, it might just work fine, as VDJ runs fine when turning of slideshow (a new feature that might need some work, as memory leak is reported).

I would leave your PC as it is, now that all runs fine.... :)

What you can try also, just for testing... if you want to run slideshow before the update comes around, is use BMP files.. some say that those files work better, and does not give memory leak.
Haven't tested that myself, so not sure if its correct

anyways, glad to hear your system is running better

geposted Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 12:51 pm
memory leak corrected in the 3.3 release ;) go nuts with your slideshows again...hehe :)

geposted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 4:14 pm
Great new years gift...i'll start using it live tonight

geposted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 4:56 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)