Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV 0% Quality?!?!??!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok I was miraculously able to locate a Maya 44 USB, got two turntables, and a gemini mixer AND bought two TCV from your website.

Now I'm trying to rev the TCV up and I get no music at all just a high pitched hiss. And when I try to configure the TCV my quality rating is fixed at 0%.

That obviously is not good. So how do I get a better quality rating and get all this new hardware to work??
Thanks

Hoth2001

geposted Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 11:00 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what version of VDJ are using? Your post comes up as atomix and i'm not sure you can use TCV with that product. Are your turntables grounded to the computer?

geposted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 5:21 pm
I am using VDJ version 2.0. how does one exactly "ground" turntables to a computer anyhow?????

geposted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 5:34 pm
Your turntables might have a small thin metal cable that you connect to your PC (metal)

If not, there is for sure a ground plug or screw at the backside of your TT that you can connect such a cable, and then connect it to a port or screw at your PC

geposted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 5:39 pm
My turntables have a grounding cable but my PC is too far away for a connection. I have ordered the HDJC2 and 2 x TCV (although the console won't arrive until near the 16th of January) and will use that as my TCV soundcard, could I not ground my turntables to the console which will be connected by USB to my PC? Thanks for any help you can offer.

geposted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 7:45 pm
Yes, you can ground to the console, and the console actually have ground plugs for that, on the back side ... (MK2 model)

But, Andrew... you need the full version of Virtual DJ for that to work :) So hopefully you will also get a licence...

geposted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 8:10 pm
Thanks for the reply. The DJConsole has 'limited' TCV support on the comparison chart, what does that mean? Eventually I will get VDJ Pro, but I'll wait till I receive my HDJC2 and am eligible for a discount and have a bit more cash, the Shipping and VAT charges had worked out a little more than I expected (for the TCV) and having Christmas just pass I am a little short on money at the moment :(

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 12:56 am
I think the limitation is a 5 min demo each time you run the software. For timecode...

I'm not sure, but I think that is the limitation.

But at least you can try it, and see if it works the way you want...

:)

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 1:03 am
Nevermind, just read that the limited support means five minutes. I should have done a little more research before I jumped in and purchased the DJC2 and TCV hehe. I originally planned to get a Maya44, djDecks and some SSL TCV although after using VDJ 3.2 (without the console however) I feel this will be the better setup; the video mixing is a cool feature and I like the fully customizable skins - the BPM engine is quite excellent too. £65 seems reasonable for the software although I also need some new carts for my turntables, must sort out my priorities :)

Anyway, hope to be fully registered within the next month or so after my exams. I think the DJC2 is only released here in England on the 16th January anyway so I'm in no rush.

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 1:04 am
no worries Andrew I think we all know about priorities ;)

I too was there at one time and I still plan on getting SSL although only when the budget will allow it as well as depending if VDJ gets better sound and vinyl emulation first ;).

I still like many features that VDJ offers which makes me much more lazy compared to what SSL would allow.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 1:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)