Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: MIXING HINTS, TIPS & ADVICE...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

1. TAKE OFF THE HEADPHONES & START COUNTING...BPMS ARE IN YOUR HEAD...NOT THE COMPUTER...TRY & LEARN TO MIX WITHOUT THE WAVEFORM...

2. GREASE THE PLATTERS ON YOUR TT'S...OR WAX PAPER...***FOR PEEPS USING TT'S & TCV!!!

3. NAME & ARRANGE YOUR MUSIC GOOD & IN A FORMAT EASY TO WORK WITH

4. BACK TO BACKS...WORK ON YOUR SPEED, BEATMATCHING AND BLENDING...

5. MASTER AT LEAST ONE TYPE OF SCRATCH...TRY TO MAKE YOUR SIGNATURE MOVE OR SCRATCH...IT COULD BE A BABY SCRATCH...MAKE IT YOURS...***FOR PEEPS WITH HARDWARE!!!

6. LEARN HOW TO DO TWO VERSES AND OUT...TRY & LEARN TO BANG 30 TRACKS IN ABOUT 30 MINS...A GOOD SKILL TO HAVE WHEN IN THE CLUB DJ'ing...

7. SET CUE POINTS & LOOPS...ALSO DONT FORGET ABOUT THE SAMPLER IN VDJ...CAN BE VERY POWERFUL

8.PRACTICE AT LEAST 30 MINS A DAY...IT WONT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT PRACTICE IS A MUST...

9.RECORD YOURSELF & REVIEW IT ON THE WAY TO WORK, SCHOOL, ETC...LISTEN TO YOUR ERRORS...LEARN FROM & CAPITOLIZE ON THEM...

10. TRY TO OUTDO YOURSELF...PUSH YOURSELF

11. A GOOD DJ PARTIES WHILE HE OR SHE IS SPINNING...BE YOUR OWN FAN...LET PEOPLE KNOW YOU JUST DID SOME FLY SH*T...LESSON 2 COMING SOON...

12.THESE HINTS & TIPS ARE MAINLY FOCUSED TOWARDS HIP-HOP, RAP, R&B...GOTTA KNOW YOUR MUSIC INSIDE & OUT...

***MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL IS HAVE FUN WITH IT***

Musically,
WizzKidd
aka Bigg Sizzle

geposted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 9:05 pm
word

geposted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 9:16 pm
alright please do me a favor....ANYONE using TTs

NEVER grease your platter...please

instead just go out and buy some wax paper and cut it in a circular shape (same size as your slipmats. cut a hole in the center and then put the wax paper on top of the platter.

Once the wax paper is on the platter put your felt slipmat over the wax paper so the layout should be the following from top to bottom

felt slipmat
waxpaper
platter

this will give you a lot less resistance from the platter and you will see that it is much easier to control your vinyl.

geposted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 10:04 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I used to take the platters off and wet them, then freeze them overnight. Then next morning they would glide like mad with the layer of ice that forms on them :)

geposted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 10:28 pm
ha good one listen2.. hey does anyone have any good website or other resources with good guides for learning to scratch, with diagrams or something?

Sean

geposted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 3:07 am
That was a very lovely piece pof advice, practice makes perfect, i giuess for an aspiring professional dj, it sgould worth more that 30mins practice, it shld come to about 1-as far as possible hours you can stand.

geposted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 10:20 am
I am just starting out I get the gist of beat matching I am trying to work on everything from transition to scratch.I have an Idj3 because I am just starting out learning as I go.When I Don't have the controller set up an I am at a friends house using their free version are there any tips on how to scratch with out the controller?I was also wondering on ways to transition from a song thats lets say 140 BPM to a song that is 90 BPM ? Any useful feed back would be awesome.Thanks.

geposted Wed 17 Aug 11 @ 2:30 am
@sparkydank To scratch without any controller I find that the mouse Scroll Wheel works best for scratching(pointer must be over platter on computer).. As far as mixing Into a dramatically slower song I generally wait for a part where the drums drop out and your left with a more ambient sound and try and mix in at a similar part of the other song. Another good thing for dubstep is transition during vocal phrases. You could also use the brake effect to stop the faster track and then scratch(or transition of your choice) into the slower. There are a lot of different ways to Mix between songs with very different tempos, What I would do is arrange the tracklist for your mix and then practice different transitions for every song and definitely don't be afraid to get creative with them. If it sounds sick to you and your friends it probably sounds sick to a lot more people as well.

Hope at least some of that helps you out,
Dj Cool Colors
www.soundcloud.com/cool-colors

geposted Sun 21 Aug 11 @ 2:33 pm
Practice makes perfect, I'm a up comin Dj nd mainly focus on house, electro nd dance so my question is how do i create a Dj drop that's really sick ?

geposted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 6:53 pm
You are hijacking a really old thread by asking a question not quite related to the subject. Next time you should open your own post to ask a question.

To answer your question you should try using a program called Audacity. There is a learning curve but it's free. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to use it. It just depends on how creative you can be. If you want them professionally made then use google and search for DJ drops.

geposted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 7:14 pm
mogvibePRO InfinityMember since 2011
DJ WizzKidd wrote :
1. TAKE OFF THE HEADPHONES & START COUNTING...BPMS ARE IN YOUR HEAD...NOT THE COMPUTER...TRY & LEARN TO MIX WITHOUT THE WAVEFORM...

2. GREASE THE PLATTERS ON YOUR TT'S...OR WAX PAPER...***FOR PEEPS USING TT'S & TCV!!!

5. MASTER AT LEAST ONE TYPE OF SCRATCH...TRY TO MAKE YOUR SIGNATURE MOVE OR SCRATCH...IT COULD BE A BABY SCRATCH...MAKE IT YOURS...***FOR PEEPS WITH HARDWARE!!!

6. LEARN HOW TO DO TWO VERSES AND OUT...TRY & LEARN TO BANG 30 TRACKS IN ABOUT 30 MINS...A GOOD SKILL TO HAVE WHEN IN THE CLUB DJ'ing...

7. SET CUE POINTS & LOOPS...ALSO DONT FORGET ABOUT THE SAMPLER IN VDJ...CAN BE VERY POWERFUL

8.PRACTICE AT LEAST 30 MINS A DAY...IT WONT HAPPEN OVERNIGHT PRACTICE IS A MUST...

9.RECORD YOURSELF & REVIEW IT ON THE WAY TO WORK, SCHOOL, ETC...LISTEN TO YOUR ERRORS...LEARN FROM & CAPITOLIZE ON THEM...

10. TRY TO OUTDO YOURSELF...PUSH YOURSELF

11. A GOOD DJ PARTIES WHILE HE OR SHE IS SPINNING...BE YOUR OWN FAN...LET PEOPLE KNOW YOU JUST DID SOME FLY SH*T...LESSON 2 COMING SOON...

12.THESE HINTS & TIPS ARE MAINLY FOCUSED TOWARDS HIP-HOP, RAP, R&B...GOTTA KNOW YOUR MUSIC INSIDE & OUT...

Musically,
WizzKidd
aka Bigg Sizzle

I LOVE this advice!!! Work at your craft and LOVE what your doing! Excellent advice! :-)

geposted Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 8:44 am
Okay, so i can mix.... beatmatch.... kinda scratch (Although not really needed for my main market... Weddings).

Anyone any advice about mixing with specific keys of songs?

:)

geposted Fri 17 Jan 14 @ 7:45 pm
My advice would be........don't concern yourself about mixing in key (or even plain mixing) at weddings.

Seriously, unless you're working in a venue where the crowd expect the DJ to mix, your main concern should be playing what people want to hear. At weddings, birthday parties and other similar family events, the last thing your audience will be concerned about is mixing.

As for advice about mixing with keys - see here or here.

geposted Sat 18 Jan 14 @ 4:29 am
DJ WizzKidd wrote :

10. TRY TO OUT DO YOURSELF...PUSH YOURSELF

Musically,
WizzKidd
aka Bigg Sizzle

djalcohol wrote :
That was a very lovely piece pof advice, practice makes perfect, i giuess for an aspiring professional dj, it sgould worth more that 30mins practice, it shld come to about 1-as far as possible hours you can stand.

Dj Psykoh wrote :
Practice makes perfect, I'm a up comin Dj nd mainly focus on house, electro nd dance so my question is how do i create a Dj drop that's really sick ?

#3 http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/01/16/genre-tagging-for-dj-music-libraries/ - I am trying this method of Genre Tagging.

#9 This has become a huge help for me. While I'm mixing I think it sounds good but listening to the recordings I find I am taking to long to get the next song in. You can even hear that in my first few mixes on Mixcloud.

#8 I saved this for last as there are 2 responses that I disagree with. Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. Keep trying until you get it right then practice on what you did right. If your sloppy at beat matching and you just keep practicing it the same way then your going to stay sloppy. I learnt this from a Gym teacher in high school and it has proven it's self to the the truest statement I have ever heard.

Brendan

geposted Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 4:41 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)