Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV code drops every 2 minutes!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

After a few minutes of playing a track with VDJ 3.3 trial, the timecoded vinyl stops controlling the track playing. If I go to the tcv config and change the input to 3/4 and back to 1/2 again, it back on track. But thats no good, as it will drop again after a few more minutes of playing.

Specs: XP Pro SP2, all updates. M-Audio Audiophile firewire, 2.13 GHz Pentium M laptop with 1 GB ram.

geposted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 1:36 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
This is normal with the trail version. We allow you to test 1 tcv and the sound config is disabled, this is the limitation to the trial version.

geposted Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 5:44 am
Why on earth will the program only allow me to play 2 minutes with the TCV?

I think it´s fair to say that you need a *little* bit longer to get the feeling if this is a program worth buying or not. Besides there is allready a 20 day limitation on the trial, so why don´t you allow for proper testing within that time?

This is not som $20 shareware license we´re talking, this is a relatively expensive piece of software for someone studying. Can I get a refund if it turns out that I wont be able to work with this on a prof. level (taking it to clubs)?

geposted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 9:17 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Sorry, it's the way is the Demo provide. And $149 is expensive software???... Sorry but for a professional is the cheapest software and the best one too. We have a lot of DJ all around the world who use VDJ for their jobs.

Good Luck!

geposted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 10:23 pm
Hmm. I don´t know. I like to be able to be sure before buying.

One thing that surprised me, was that I needed 4 x mono input to work with 2 decks. I have the M-Audio Audiophile Firewire with 2 in 4 out. Why can´t I configure the timecode to use the signal from In 1 for the left deck and In 2 for the right (or visa verca)? I know that you can actually use mono for outputs. Why not for the TCV? Does it really need to be in stereo?

You see, that puts me in a situation where I´m forced to spend money on additional hardware to be able to use it and though the price is not too high for a working piece of software, it still IS a lot of money when you add the cost of a new firewire soundcard with 4 x in (ranging from $450).

I will think about it a while longer. And I still think it´s wrong that users can´t test a full working program when the trial is limited to such a short period of time. What is it Atomix fear could happen, if they made a fully functional demo? That people would go invent a time machine in order to keep the thing going without paying?

Btw, ESI have just made a nice USB soundcard designed especially for use with software like VDJ (http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=60). I´m considering leaving Firewire for this, but I have heard so many complain about USB stability that I don´t know if it´s safe to use for playing out?

Btw, two quickies: When will the new version of VDJ hit the web? Will it include decent mide-setup, so that I can map the controls directly without having to use the existing DOS-like setup and will it support proper control of more than one slider of VST effects?

You see, the ability to use VST effects was the reason I started looking into VDJ instead of FS or Serato.

geposted Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 11:31 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Junker Juks,

1) VirtualDJ needs the TimeCode to come in stereo; for each TCV signal you needed in stereo and stereo line input in the soundcard.

2) M-Audio FireWire 1814 is the only option you have in this brand if you have a laptop. You can use a M-Audio Delta 44 or any M-Audio Delta Series Soundcard (PCI) to use with VDJ and TCVs or TCCDs . http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FireWire1814-main.html

I recommend you to use a ESI U46DJ USB if you have a notebook. The only problem with USB is that you be have to put the USB soundcard in the same USB port of your laptop and that port must be use for this device only. With that you could minimize to "0" your problems.

3) As all software, Atomix Productions has to deal with ilegal version. The expiration time isn't the real problem. Sorry for the inconvinience.

4) When VirtualDJ hit with a new version all VirtualDJ registered users receive FREE the new update (We all could use the VDJ 3.3 now if we pleased too). I don't fully work with MIDI before VDJ, maybe DJ in Norway or DJ Cel could answer this better than me.

VirtualDJ has more ways to let you do more things with a single program. VDJ could customize as the user want to. Skin, samples, effects, free updates and the join to this great community.

geposted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 4:48 pm
Thanks you for the reply. Ordered the U46DJ today and will buy VDJ as soon as it arrives. Great with the advice regarding USB stability! Didn´t know that before.

You will get like *TONS* of questions from me, when I return as a registered user (-:

geposted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 6:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)