Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: club mixing(how to re-liven the club)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I recently bacame a resident at a local club where i've been a member for a while.I used to play all night, now I usually get to the club n start playing around 1:30 a.m. Now there's a dj who opens up for me n when i get there, it's kind of heard to get the people up after they already get bored. In other words it makes my work a bit harder. I have no problem with the guy training cause i understand, I was there before. Any tips on how to re-liven or lift up peoples spirits.

geposted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 2:29 am
star with some tribal music

geposted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 10:58 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had a gig similair to this the other night. Not club work, function work. I was working at a flash do and i played material to try and get them up and get them going...no joy though.

Then I tried it. OLD SCHOOL.

Try playing some older hits that you KNOW everyone will remember.

Once you get them started, you won't stop them.

Just a thought.

P

geposted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 11:36 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i would start with just 2-3 warm up tunes, then drop the bombs, the best thing about 2nd is there is not as much warm up and these people are already dancing. Maybe throwing some V(dj) strings out in the crowd might help.

geposted Wed 15 Feb 06 @ 4:09 pm
RicoSveHome userMember since 2006
Well, this is a problem I also run with at some clubs, I am a resident at 2 young clubs and an older crowd club, and different people and tastes (here in Finland they are used to Karaoke more than in China) try animating that crowd.
Anyway, when the “warm-up DJ ends his or her sets, I usually have people thinking “should we go to another club or see what THIS DJ is going to play, READ THE CROWD! Look at their faces and see how exited they are, VDJ is great to choose songs on the instant and make changes, the crowd look different from the floor than from the DJ stand and you can re-choose your starting song.
If the majority of the crowd are regulars or you are feeling “spunky” ;-) then I suggest some comedy to get the crowds attention, play the start of “The chicken dance” or something like this, then cut and start with a popular song.
Finally, if you are in a big club never forget your intros, build in parts and original remixes that is the mark that people remember.

geposted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 4:30 pm
look man i dont where u live but i want to tell u somthink maybe its help

im 13 and i played in 5 clubs alerdy

in israel people love hip hop try to start with alot bass and start with hip hop people start to jump
thrn when they warm up put one of your mix and poele will dancing

look man im saing thet again maybe in you country its not work but try this
naybe its helps you

geposted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 12:21 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
answer=line dance=hussles=step dances.

as far as hip-hop is concerned. the ladies like to do that crap and it works.

if the ppl are up to date with the latest hussle drop it for them. if they arent (like i'm not) just drop the Cha Cha Slide and it'd still work. at least with that one the dance is explained in the song so anyone can do it.

geposted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 4:12 pm
lol the cha cha slide is perfect for drunkin house parties for sure :p
but it killed my floorboards in my house lmao

geposted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 4:40 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
for me no doubt cha cha is like the mutha of them all.
and with all these new dances it looks like its played out. would Snap Ya Fingers or Lean Wit It, Rock With It be considered hustles?

i dont know about other places but here in the midwest almost everything is a hussle. Jaheim - Just In Case, Aaliyah - Rock The Boat, Truth Hurts - Addictive, R. Kelly has 3 or 4, cha cha slide, the grapevine, etc....
all these hustles.

for hustles outside hip-hop http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Line_dances but i dont know nothing about that. i just got there from google.

hustles started me off. i remember i used to be in the same situation with the thread starter back in my prime with pcdj red :). I'd just start with the cha cha slide then one of the regulars would ask for the grapevine and the crowd would be ready for some real ish.
but i dont like hustles. i like Addictive and hate it when everyone looks like a moron dancin the same [complicated] thing. oh well.
in the cha cha slide i still dont know what the charlie brown or what to do when he says "cha cha now yall".

so these days (since i retired djing) when i go to the clubs and they play hustles i just go in there and spoil them with my own ish. lol
well im usually drunk so i dont give a ...

geposted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 5:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)