Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Does my VDJ Pro licence allow multiple PCs?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

HuGgLeZPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does the VDJ Pro licence allow for installation and use on 2 different computers?

I prefer my Desktop setup, but I would like to also be able to use it on my laptop when I am unable to get to my desktop (e.g. when I'm on the road). They will never be used at the same time.

geposted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 8:21 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The End User Licence states that you can indeed use the program on two pc's...however, YOU must be the sole user of the software. As in, you can't give your mate a copy of the .exe so that he can use the program too.

The program costs money to make and maintain, so why should people have it for free???

In any case, you can indeed have it on more than one pc...AND they can even be used at the same time!!!

Ah. Welcome to DJ heaven!!!

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

geposted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 8:23 pm
Incidentally, copy the .exe to a cd and install it onto your lappie while it's connected to the internet. Enter your serial and voila! you'll be good to go.

Then it's just a case of copying your music library over to your lappie and keeping them synced so that you have the same tracks and information on both systems...easy!

P

geposted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 8:25 pm
HuGgLeZPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Perfect! That's what I wanted to hear :)

I wouldn't even consider giving this to a friend. It's the best all-round DJ software I've come across and the special offer makes it easily affordable!

geposted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 8:28 pm
Good stuff...:o) Glad to be of assistance.

And...welcome aboard. Good to see you as a full user.

P

geposted Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 8:30 pm
Why would you want to _give_ it to your competition, especially when you had to pay for it and they didn't :)

geposted Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 6:54 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
HuGgLeZ,

Welcome a board !, enjoy!

geposted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 2:23 am
luca13PRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol thats the first thing i did when i bought the program......copied the .exe file over on to my lappie then actually installed em at same time :P.....good test of speed....my pc won but hey....lappie was pretty close

geposted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 3:57 am
@Handyman

In line with "giving" it to your competition...you are correct. You wouldn't just want to simply hand it over...but i don't think it's always that easy...especially if it's your mate that's wanting the program for free.

I have a mate who's a dj and has been for like 30 odd years. He's a cd/minidisc user and does LOADS of function work. He's got about 8 or so guys working for him every weekend both nights and does other work through the week. Anyway, he's thinking of branching into laptops and pc's and is really impressed with what he sees me do. Not that I do anything spectacular, my VDJ setup is pretty basic and in fact I still use the default skin!!! I think he likes the idea of the potential of the program...not that he would do anything major with it, but the fact that you have the OPTION to do so many things is i think what he likes about it.

Anyway, I sent him to VDJ.com and told him he could download a trial version, get loads of support and get info on how to use it...and then buy the full version, and he simply said "No, it's ok. I know you'll sort me out with a copy". Says I "I don't think so pal!!! Why should i pay £100 for the program and you don't!!!"

But the point is that he EXPECTED me to give him a copy simply because he's a mate. This isn't fair to the VDJ crew and the other VDJ users and not fair to me either. Some people expect too much on a plate sometimes i think.

Ok, now that's been vented, i can get back to my mixing...:o)

P

geposted Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 4:40 pm
del200PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ya a told my mate about it n he was like oh you`ll need to make me a copy.....

Eh no.

All goes down to whats said above

He wants it he can pay for it on here...

geposted Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 6:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)