Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can't uninstall/reinstall Hercules!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been trying to get my hercules DJ console on my laptop but it will not work. I haev all the latest drivers etc but when i run the program it just says "Do you want to remove the program and all of its components?" I click yes and restart, but then the same happens and I cannot get any further!!!

I have tried removing all registy bentried but still it won;t work!

Has anyone experienced this before?

Pelase Help!
Thanks

geposted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 9:17 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
colinfitz,

Its a wierd situation, never heard sometihing like this. I sugest you to call Hercules support and find the problem. Maybe your DJC is defective... don't know, but sure is not a VirtualDJ issue.

geposted Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 10:38 pm
Thanks I did and I got this reply, which worked perfectly:

This problem is due to an issue with some INSTALLSHIELD files.

Apply the following procedure to solve the problem:

- In the root directory or your main hard drive (usually C:), under the file , find the folder called (it's possible that it might be invisible so change your folder visibility properties to allow to view all files).

- In this folder, you'll find many subfolder archives related to software installed on your computer.One of them is related to your Hardware.
- For each folder, you'll find a file called . Opening this file to find the name of the program it's related to (ex; APPname= xxx).

- Find all instances related to your device and remove them from the computer (make sure they are not present in the recycle bin)

This should allow you to install the drivers afterwards.

geposted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 10:30 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
colinfitz (suppose your surname is fitzpatrick ;) )

why are all the names of files and folders deleted in your post?

geposted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 11:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)