Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: FM transmitter/VDJ/Hercules/Laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm comtemplating in purcahsing a good FM transmitter which will provide some form of rovingness when using ma LT. Could anyone recommend a good transmitter or one that has been tested and proven good???

P.S. I've seen this particular one http://www.mobileblackbox.com which seems execellent, Can anybody confirm this...........

geposted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 4:14 pm
Hi

I'm also in the market for a high quality fm transmitter.

Have you folund any good that's not usb?

Jon

geposted Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 9:41 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What kind of transmit range do you need ? Just your own home or a complete City ...

The most important feature of a transmitter is that it's PLL Synthesized.

geposted Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 10:00 am
Just in my home ...

I've a new high'ish end hi-fi system [which I think sounds fantastic], and a creative platinum X-Fi sound card in my pc.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want clarity from my amp/speakers when mixing.but, of course, do not want my pc beside my hi-fi :)

Hi-fi amps in New Zeland don't have TOS-Link inputs [home theatre amps do] otherwise I'd consider that...

I'm very open to ALL other suggestions... E.g. Digital to Analog tos-link converters, etc.

In trueth I leaning toward a high end transmitter solution - but have not found anything that even remotely catches my attention.

Jon

NB: I'm only just getting into mixing but LOVE great sounding music at reasonable volumes ;) So no flames about my hardware/hi-fi decisions - please ... [Pern comment this is not directed at you :) - I appreciate your potential assistance ]

geposted Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 10:37 am
Can't you use balanced audio cable converters and a balanced audio cable from the sound card to the amp ?

That would be the cheapest way to solve it.

geposted Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 11:07 am
I would need approx 50ft (16m) of RCA and I think the sound degradation would be too noticible at reason volumes.

So, no one has any feedback on the mobileblackbox V5000 FM Transmitter?

Or can suggest better/other?

Cheers

Jon

geposted Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 10:50 pm
I also wouldn't use 16m of RCA cable with your requirements. But i think that with a couple of Unbalanced to Balanced Line Converters and using XLR professional line level with high quality balanced shielded cable there will not be any sound degradation.

Something like:

- Rane BB 44X Balance Buddy, http://www.rane.com/bb44x.html
- Rolls MB15 ProMatch, http://www.rolls.com/new/mb15.html

I think you will get much better Sound quality with that then with the mobileblackbox transmitter.

Making i high quality FM transmitter is really hard and making a HQ Stereo transmitter is even harder. I don't think that something that costs $89 will give you the quality that you are looking for.

geposted Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 7:54 am
The Rane model is better since it uses passive transformers. The Rolls is a very basic version and not really Studio High Quality. But these are 2 i found after 1 min on google.

geposted Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 8:34 am
Great ... Have never heard of such devices... I erxtremely keen and am pretty much sold :)

Throwing another questiobn out there:

What do you, or anyone else for that matter, think of options such as Digital/Analog Converters?

Meaning that I could run a TOSLink cable from my X-Fi card to the DAC and then professional quality RCAs from DAC into my amp?

Thanks for the info on Balanced/Unbalanced conveerters.

Jon

geposted Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 5:26 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
use the digital out on the X-Fi or the digital out on your mixer if your using one and run a length of cable to your digital in on your amp. If you're missing ADC/DACs on your equiment you can buy them from most good audio shops. that way the signal degredation will only be over the length of cable you use to patch (or none at all if you have digtal ins and outs where you need them allready) i would use coax digital rather than spdif or toslink as some people call it. i have heard no end of bad things about long runs of lightpipe. plus coax is cheeper.

if you need to invest in DAC/ADCs its advisable to get matched pairs to gaurantee smooth opperation.

if thats not an option consider linedrivers as these will cut down on signal degredation over long lengths of pasive signal run and will probably be cheeper than digital

geposted Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 6:25 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'd love to broadcast some music over the airwave's, but what are the legalities of doing so. I know 'pirate' radio stations get closed down preitty quick, and the people running them face heavy fines or even jail. Think it's to do with interfering with the emergency service's frequency's ???

geposted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 2:37 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)