Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to play mp4 videos?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi I encoded some mp4 files with H.264 AVC encoding. (No they arent divx files either)
They play fine in Windows Media PLayer.

In the file associations tab, i have set the .mp4 for window media player video encoder in VDJ 3.2 settings.
This is on windows XP.

When I try to play them It loads them in the players and says error in the tag display.

When i set the mp4 association to quick time audio encoder, they audio plays fine, but there is not video obviously.

Can someone please help with my decoding issue?
Thanks

geposted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 6:39 pm
To add to my diagnosis, i itried to the the mp4 extention to external decoder.

I installed FFDSHOW, and it is configured mp4 for x264. I again can play the video in WMP and if i goto properties, it show using ffdshow for the video codec.
HELP

geposted Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 7:21 pm
i tried with wmp internal and still no good

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 1:19 am
i had similar problem so i ripped vob files from dvd without AC3 sound - it worked

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 7:29 pm
if you didnt use ac3 for audio, what did you use?

geposted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 5:17 pm
Surely someone is using the next generation of video codecs, no?

Hello support?

geposted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 2:47 pm
Yes I'm. Currently there's no way to play Nero Digital Files (.mp4) in VDJ. The only H264 AVC type of files that I was able to play are the ones produced by Cyberlink's Power Encoder and that's because the cointainer used is .mpg. The problem is (at least in my case) the sync between the video and audio, in WMP plays fantanstic, but in VDJ the file plays out of sync... Such a shame, because the quality of these type of files are great not to mention the small size.

Why people keep using mpg1 instead of H264 if it is a lot better with the same size?

Why VDJ doesn't add native support for these type of files to kiss goodbye any other format?

I cross my fingers....

geposted Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 10:50 pm
I too am looking to play mp4 video files -- usually public domain from Nasa; Internet Archive; etc. It's a shame that all this great content is out ... and this great software for video mixing ... but no way to use the two together.

Does anyone know if new encoder plug-ins be written with the SDK? Surely there are some LGPL source code avialable for mp4 encoders...somewhere?

geposted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 1:39 am
I too tried FFDshow to no avail.

Curiously the video page of the website claims:

"VirtualDJ is compatible with any kind of video file: DVD, DivX, xvid, Mpeg1/2/4, avi, wmv, mov, vob, etc..."

Can someone please explain how we can play an mp4 file? Thanks!

geposted Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 3:49 am
Can you play the video in windows media player? If so, try switching the codec in VDJ to use the windows media player codec.

geposted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 6:32 am
I too am having issues playing mp4 music videos I download from itunes. What codec should I use?
I can play xvid now...

geposted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 5:10 am
I cannot play the files in Windows Media Player.... But I can with Itunes

geposted Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 5:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)