Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: timecode vinyl with the mk2?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i am looking at going to a timecode setup and wondering if i can use my mk2 as an external sound card. i like how i can use it for pre listining to tracks before they play, so i would like to keep that feature. also what kinds of turntables are good for use with timecode vinyl? im looking at getting a whole package like this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DJ/Gear/Lighting/Packaged/Systems?sku=800197 . so i want to know if im getting this. i would go from the decks to the mk2 and then to the pc? let me know if you can help me out. thanks

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 5:00 am
one more question. is this the only website to get the timecode vinyl from?

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 6:37 am
Hi!
Yes you can, but I think you need the professional version for that, because the pro version allows you to customize the settings of the soundcards as you want.

You only would need to setup the console as a sound card, then connect to RCAs coming from one turntable to a line in of the console, and then connect the other RCAs from the other turntable to the other line in that is left.

geposted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 9:13 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Be aware, VirtualDJ Home Edition (DJC MK2 edition) works with TCVs as a Demo version for only five minutes. This settings are meant for professional users only, and in the DJC version or Home version are only as a Demo, so you can llok and feel the work with TCVs to upgrade to VDJ Pro.

Regards

geposted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 8:06 pm
ok, thanks for the info, now i just need to find a good set of turntables to buy, and does anyone know if i can buy the TCV anywhere else, shipping is just as much as the product. $70 seems alittle steep, or does it come with the pro verson when i upgrade?

geposted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 4:15 am
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I agree about the shipping cost......I opted for the Time Coded CD's, they are free to download on the VDJ Web site, and no the Pro version is 99 US Dollars extra, if you have the MK2 Controller, I think you have that already, if not I think its 250 or somewhere in that neighborhood.....I used the TCCD last night with my new Stanton CD Player, it worked great....and a lot of fun, Im not into the whole vinyl thing although I would get slapped for saying that here....LOL!!

Hope this helps

geposted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 3:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)