Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixer & Fader Controls

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was thinking of a RAME MP4 Mixer, I dont scratch now, but maybe in the future I might want to give it a try, will this mixer & fader be ok for this??

Are there different mixers for scratching only??

MZACK

geposted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 11:31 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Rane is a quality product. I haven't used the MP4 but I know the Rane TTM-56 is a scratch DJ industry standard. Along with the Pioneer 909 those are the two "standards". What you want in a scratch mixer is quality faders...high/high/high quality faders. The Rane 56 uses magnetic faders which they claim will never wear out and the pioneer uses optical faders with similar claim. I have a denon with penny & giles faders that have held up well so far. In looking at the Rane MP4 it really looks like it's trying to be a lot of things and not a battle mixer. I don't like that it doesn't have upfaders but dials. That will eliminate some creativity when scratching and I can't find any information on the faders so they are probably just standard rane faders...which by the way are good. I'm not even sure what the MP4 is about to be honest. Sounds like you can trigger music directly from it with it's usb connections. Obviously they have built it for SSL.

geposted Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 9:43 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for the information, Im looking into this whole USB Mixer situation, I see that its not that popular here W/VDJ'ers.

geposted Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 4:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)