Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with timecode in v3.4 update

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I installed the 3.4 update yesterday to test the new timecode features, but so far I've not had much luck.

After installing and rebooting, VDJ crashed with the crashguard after mixing 3 tunes. The music still kept going though, so I switched to a CD (First time I've used one in months!) and then recovered VDJ. To be safe, I closed it down and re-started it.

After that, everything was fine for approx. 10 tunes. On loading the next tune, I noticed that it did not load in full (As though max load was turned off), but it still played OK without any stutters (The tune had been previously analysed and was less than my max load settings (30 mins, tune was 7 min.)

On loading the next tune after that, VDJ completely froze (Sound stopped altogether.) Switched back to CD again. It took several attempts to CTRL+ALT+DEL and end task to close the frozen VDJ. After that, I loaded VDJ back up again and used the DAC-3 only - Everything was fine and I experienced no further problems.

It looks like there may be a bug in the new v3.4 timecode that's affecting me, which is a shame because the new timecode is a definite improvement over the old. For now I will have to revert back to v3.3 which worked flawlessly for me, both for TCV and the DAC-3.

Has anybody else experienced any similar problems with v3.4?

geposted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 4:44 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Which files it was? .wma (drm or not) , mp3 (cbr or vbr)?

geposted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 5:42 pm
They were both MP3 CBR (192Kbps) - Both files are OK and are not corurpt - I've played them lots of times before the v3.4 update without any problems. After the crashes, I also loaded them up later using just the DAC-3 and had no trouble playing them.

geposted Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 5:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)