Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB graphics card with S-Video?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I am trying to find a graphics solution to use with a laptop for video mixing because although the laptop has an S-video out port, it only works in clone mode (ProSavageDDR graphics).

The only solution I can find so far would be a video editing system, the Pinnacle Studio Plus 700 USB edition which contains s-video out.

(http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10284318&pid=45&tid=279)

Would VDJ be able to pick this up and output to the S-video port on the Pinnacle card while continuing the main display on the laptop screen, although I realise I may be pushing the system resources with this especially as I already have a simple USB sound card for headphones.

If anyone has any better solutions other than replacing the laptop I'd very much appreciate any advice

thanks,

James.

geposted Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 12:23 am
MetaGPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you only want one output use your vga monitor output

geposted Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 2:25 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Using the monitor output you can swith it as a second video output and can select extended mode to this display.

Good Luck!

geposted Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 11:48 pm
Sounds like a perfect solution, except the laptop graphics card is a ProSavageDDR which doesn't seem to support extended mode :-(

geposted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 2:45 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
jamesmcneil,

Sorry to heard that... In my expirence the real solution is to change the laptop. because the Laptops are made all in one, you cannot upgrade the graphics card only, so you need to remplace you current notebook.

You can have some nice Dual-Core or even AMD FX60 notebooks with N-Vidia 7800GTX a board...

Very good to work fast and good...

good Luck!

geposted Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 3:17 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)