Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Rename not displaying in browser

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi All,

I have noticed that after renaming a song, or adding title/artist to a song that is missing them it does not display the change in the browser. But strangely enough if you load the song to a player it does display the correct title/artist that I just added in the player. Even though I then click again on rename, and artist field is blank like it was before I added title/artist, but in the player it displays the new edits I just added.

Hope that makes some sense.

Thats a big bug IMO.

-Dj Los

geposted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 5:02 am
Hi Again,

ok, I did some more investigation, i checked the xml before and after the edits and found it had not changed. However, if exit VDJ and start it again, then that file now has the changes I previously made.

It seems that it does not re-read the xml upon the renaming of file.
Is VDJ saving the edits to cache/shared memory then does the write to xml on exit?

Just my 2 cents.

Please fix this soon.

-Dj Los

geposted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 5:15 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
There is no problem.
The browser need just some kind of refresh, for the song you've just edited.
If the song is still highlighted just move the up/down browser (arrow) keys and you'll see the fields updated. I think its the same if you click on it.
The database normally is saved on exit, every changes you make remain in memory until you exit the program, that's why you didnt see the changes the first time.
You can assign a shortcut to save the database while the program is running (savedatabase)

geposted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 3:33 pm
Hi,

First thanks for the reply, but I definitely have a problem, I am using version 3.4.

Please try the following and tell me you don't have this issue.

click on "local db" find a song that needs title/artist modified/edited.
then check file info so you know what folder it is in.
now edit the name and click ok.
search again for that song, click on it, refresh it, no matter it will not have the changes you just made.
now, go to the folder where that file is, and you will see that it did change it there.

So, it updates the fields in the local folder where the file is, but does not update the "local db"

This is a bug, if we simply reply "there is no problem, you just need to do a manual refresh", you have just described a bug. If you are complacent that is your prerogative, but others may want it fixed.

Please let’s be prudent and not simply dismiss issues without investigating or understanding it.

-Thanks, Dj Los.

geposted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 4:14 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes indeed, there is a problem the way you use it but not the way i use the rename feature.
I'll explain you why.
The search (or local db icon) uses the mp3database.txt fle inside your vdj folder, and not the xml file. This gives some BIG advantages. (speed)
The changes you make in the artist,title fields are written only in the xml, while the changes in the filename affect both xml and txt files.
The TIP (and what i do) is to change the filename only.
In a magical way the artist-title fields updated too, and also both db files.
Just keep your file format like artist - title.mp3
Hope this helps.

geposted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 6:11 pm
First, thanks for TRICK tip, it does help a lot.
Basically, you described what is know as a "band aid solution".

The routine the program uses to rename "mp3" in the folder then relist the tag contents for that one song is what they need to do also when only renaming the tag info. In my case, the filenames are correct, just not the tags. Why would I rename the mp3 file when all I wanted to do is change the title to add (club remix) for example.

The mp3database.txt holds the location of file on disk, the filename.mp3 and a check sum.
The XML holds all the tag info, cue points, loops....etc.
In the case where you need to rename the title or artist, the files entry in the XML should be written and then displayed.

It seems that there are a few issues with the refresh, that procedure actually works the way I would have thought it should work if you delete a song, or rename a song. Basically nothing changes except the filename on the screen and cursor stays were you had it. like if you simply rename title hit ok, you will see the list refreshes and you find yourself at the top of the list, then you need scroll back down to location you were at so you can continue checking files.....

Just a side note, "edit comment" works just fine.
That is the behavior I would like and expect of the rename, with out tricks, just works the way it is supposed to. Professional software for professionals.

I am sure I am not the only one doing this then scratching their heads wondering why it is not working.
Why does it refresh and move to top of list.
In any case, thanks for the info, at least now I have a work around to the problem.

-Dj Los

geposted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 7:57 pm
Same problem, different way to get it wrong.

If you open one of your folders and rename the title/artist, and you also in order to make it save it, rename the song.mp3 it exits and the new title/artist is displayed. Now you go to local DB and search for that same song it will still display the old info.

Please fix this.

-Thanks, Dj Los.

geposted Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 10:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)