Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HOW TO CHANGE NICKNAME ON VIRTUAL DJ??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

egradioHome userMember since 2005
Hey i need your help i want to change my nickname please tell me how!!!!!! ITS VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE REPLY ME BACK!

geposted Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 3:38 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This isn't possible.

geposted Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 3:41 pm
egradioHome userMember since 2005
well actually i dont like my nickname i just need to change it and i didnt know that i couldnt change it :(

geposted Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 4:31 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i dont like the name my parents gave me either.

geposted Wed 29 Mar 06 @ 6:43 pm
in real life you can change (for some amount)....

but for vdj site there are two aspects:

1. technically admin can just edit the database and it's done
2. logically later someone reads posts reffering to your old name it won't match
and editing all posts where someone responds you or tells your name is theoretically possible but .... lot of work.

of course there is an possibility to create a new database of the nicknames, and modify the forums, but do you prefer to spend the time of dev team on the VDJ features, or to spend 2 weeks with modifying and debuging the forum with superdooper nickname features.

There was (if i remember good) one a case where username was changed due to TradeMark problems.

But if you just don't like your nickname it's not a very important reason. Then 50% of people could want to change a nickname and imagine that chaos on forums.

If you notice, many people have filled their real names in their profiles.
And the when people respond they use them, and call them by peoples names, not forum nicknames.

So if you think it's a REALY REALY (but really really) IMPORTANT reason you can try to contact e-service. But i reccomend you to alter your profile, sign witho your name, and hopefully most pople here will call you that name.

Have a nice day

marian

geposted Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 2:03 am
you can just create a new account and enter ur serial number again, but you will have to delete the other account before you can do this.

geposted Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 10:14 pm
I don't think that will work..

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 12:24 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Once you have registered a serial number to your user name neither can be changed.
However, if you buy another licence that's a different story.
As a MK2 registered user it would normally cost you $99 to upgrade to full, but you will still have the same user name.
If you spend the extra $49 and get a new licence you then have the option to create a new user name because it is a different licence number.

If you attempt to sell your hardware with the licence (which is illegal) and it is registered, the new user will never be able to register and download plug ins.
You have to look at the MK2 as a hardware purchase with a limited version of vdj that is non transferrable.

If you should want to sell your MK2, do so as hardware and steer the new owner to the demo version.
We get users all the time who buy thinking they have a legal version when they don't (like on ebay) and they get screwed. There is no way to edit or change this any other way.

It will take the sting out of upgrading if you think of it as a program that is normally $299.
The internet price is what it is to help entry level users upgrade with minimal cost, but this will not last forever particularly as the features continue to grow.

Hope that clears things up.

geposted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 1:26 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)