Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows Media Center 2005 and VDJ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Does anyone USE VDJ under Windows Media Center Edition 2005?

Here's what I've gathered so far... WMCE (for short), is suppose to be JUST like Windows XP Pro (Which I use now). Some people have reported that it is more streamlined. I'm aware you can get it as an OEM install and am considering it for my new house.

I haven't seen it running, but I'm told I can play my regular games and what naught.

Reasons why? I have an XBOX 360... I watch lots of video on my PC and would like to have a PVR that I control, not someone else.

WMCE allows you to record HDTV and other programming w/o paying a fee like Tivo... I can use these things in my shows... ie MadTV/SNL... MTV... you know!

So, if anyone has any info on this, let me know. I'm going to run some tests on my older system and report back if someone doesn't have this answer.

geposted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 3:12 pm
I'm sure it will work although MCE doesn't function with all TV Cards (the OS will still work, but you may not be able to capture/watch TV), it only works with specific models - although if you buy an MCE PC you'll have no problems. I too have an Xbox 360 and unfortunately MCE only plays WMV and MPEG/2; the MP3 library is also handled terribly. MCE is just XP Pro but with the media center and some feature disabled, although a registry tweak will fix that.

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 12:53 pm
Thanks.... I'm trying to "check it out" first....

I just bought a house in Florida and want to have everything run on a uniform platform streaming over a GIGABIT lan (if I can) so I can have my SHOW PC recording as a PVR in one part of the house and watching TV/Videos in any other part of the house.

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 1:07 pm
Just tested VDJ in a virtual machine, works fine :) Couldn't try out video mixing, that's a limitation of the virtual machine but audiowise everything was fine. No lags either which is exceptional considering I was running an OS inside an OS ;)

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 1:29 pm
They say, MSCE works more streamlined than XP Pro... games and such, people claim, work faster... wonder if this will be the case for this... Gonna do some testing on a dormant machine FIRST, with moving, I may take some time to get it done.

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 1:31 pm
The backbone is the same, there is no difference in the kernel. It's like a car with a few aftermarket parts installed. If anything, MCE uses more ram than standard XP because of the various media components. MCE to my understanding is built around XP Pro with a few addons, the only other difference being you cannot join a network domain without a registry hack. Anyway best of luck, it's pretty handy being able to stream to the 360 too :)

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 1:48 pm
I have the same understanding...

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 1:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)