Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping in recording?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I've noticed when I play back recordings of VDJ sessions I have a lot of MP3 skips, up to 3 in 10 minutes that I didn't notice "live", is it likely that the MP3 recording is at fault or that the skips occurred in the actual mixing rather than recording?

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

James

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 2:56 pm
What are you system specs?

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 7:52 pm
Dell Dimension 3000 Desktop
P4 2.8GHz
512Mb RAM
80Gb HD
On board sound card plus separate USB sound card

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 8:20 pm
Well, I was expecting something different on the HDD.

I know for sure that you are probably using the USB to record your line in as the DELL onboard only has MIC in (Right?).

Good Job there!

What I think is the problem is something running in your system. VDJ (as many other programs) will take priority over the CPU when it is up front. I'm assuming that you are using the INTERNAL recorder in VDJ? Right?

I believe, technically, VDJ playing audio and VDJ recording audio could be seen as TWO independant applications... sort of like a word processor typing a letter and printing a letter... technicall doing two things almost seperate... at some point, if the CPU load gets a brief spike, the software has to think intelligently, it says, "What's more important? The typing or the printing?" Then you get a pause in whatever you are typing while the PC sends data to the printer.

I'm assuming one other thing here, you are NOT doing video, just straight audio, right?

First start buy looking what's in your system tray. Close EVERYTHING, even your virus protection, windows messenger, anything you can right mouse-click and close.

Next, press, "Alt-Control-Del" when you are up and running and see HOW many processes you've got running when you are spinning.

If you are doing this live, SHUT EVERYTHING NOT NECESSARY DOWN... you can close them at this point in the Task Manager. How much Memory is in use? I think you're using a lot of VIRTUAL MEMORY here...

Also, do a scan with AdAware... make sure your system is clean. Also defrag your HDD

How you use this might be important, but I would point RIGHT AT, another application spiking the CPU and you loose signal to your recording.

If you need more help on shutting down windows processes, I'd need to know what's running, but this becomes a trickey area for an inexperienced PC user. If you are experience, do a google search for "HiJack This" and post the log file.

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 8:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)