Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A guy walks into a Mechanic's...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

A guy walks into a mechanic’s…
Guy says, “The gasoline I use in my car doesn’t work, can you fix the gasoline?”
The mechanic looks around for the unseen car…
Mechanic skeptically asks, “What kind of car do you have?”
The guy says, “I don’t know…”

Okay, seriously, this is how I feel sometimes at 4:30 in the AM when I can’t sleep and I log onto this site to check on some posts I’ve made and follow-up on some problems people have posted.

In this scenario, your computer is the “car” and VDJ is the “gasoline” (Petrol if you are in the U.K.)

The skepticism is Gasoline works in most cars… Doesn’t really matter if it is premium or regular, it NORMALLY works… the reality is, if the gasoline you are putting in your car doesn’t work for YOUR car, maybe it’s YOUR car.

Not knowing what type of car you have, to the mechanic, is a waste of both of their time.

Am I so far gone to think that people should Help out in the asking for help?

Here are some important things that any technician worth his weight in gold will start out wanting to know:

Brand/Make/Model of Computer:
If you bought a computer at a store, online, or anywhere else and it has a pretty little logo on it (i.e. Dell, HP, Sony, etc.) knowing the “B.M.M.” is the best beginning.
Next, is it stock? Did you add memory? Video Card? Etc. Need to know this too.

If you didn’t buy the computer with a label on it, or it has a label that none of us have ever heard of like:
“Tom’s Real Ultra Nice Komputers”
Then we need to know what junk you got in the “TRUNK.”

Here’s a good start:
Processor (Brand/Model)
Memory (Amount)
HDD 1(Brand/Model)
HDD 2 to infinity
Graphics Card (On board or Brand)
Sound Card (On board or Brand)

If people could add some of this to their questions, say “Bring the car into the mechanics with you…” at least a picture of it, then maybe we can help you…

Sorry, not a rant, but seems I only got 3 hours of sleep again last night and the sleeping pills don’t work…

geposted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 8:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)