Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Product same problem...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I there, yesterday, as someone already know :), I bought VDJ, before I was using a cracked version (shame on me.....:)...) anyway, I have been told that (on reg version) there was full support for my Hercules Console ASIO driver......well I still have the same problem: "error on the directx sound driver".
I try to guess some reason / solution (which I will try asap):
do I have to get rid of the cracked version by formatting the computer or a reg cleaner is enough?
could be something wrong with the driver....I downloaded the last drivers and firmware.
Please let me know.
By the way, is there a tutorial or a small txt file who explane how to modify the DJCmapper?

Thank you

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 8:57 am
Hmm, I suppose this happens when you start the program no?

Well, I suggest you to do this.

First uninstall VirtualDJ, then go to start menu, click on run, type "regedit" without the quotes and follow this way

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/VirtualDJ

remove the VirtualDJ folder and restart your computer and reinstall VirtualDJ again.

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 5:14 pm
I've gotten the "Error in DirectX Sound Driver" before. This happens when you have your DJC set to run in ASIO but VDJ's sound configuration is set to use the WDM driver.

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 5:20 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I get that on my laptop too. It's set up for my Herc, and works fine. If the Herc's not plugged in and I'm just using the laptop on its own with its onboard sound, I get the error message, although it still seems to work just fine...

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 6:58 pm
thats exactly it..

You need to put Hercules in the correct mode..

ASIO for timecode use, and WDM for all other soundcard setups

hope that helps:)

geposted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 7:57 pm
andrew87,
I'm missing something....how do I set VDJ to use asio drivers?
there are no options once I select the Hercules on the external hardware set up.

geposted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 10:32 am
Virtual DJ will only function using ASIO drivers if you are using timecoded vinyl. You need to change your DJC in the control panel to use WDM. If you are unsure how to do this, here is a quick animation I made.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/78/untitled17hu1.gif

* if you do not have the consoles icon in your systemtray, you can locate it from windows control panel.

geposted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 10:59 am
how to use WDM drivers was clear but I thought there was a way to use asio drivers as well.
I will use the WDM.
there is actually no need of asio drivers to use the hercules but I was wondering maybe it works better.
thanks anyway

geposted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 2:23 pm
well PaulRain, the ASIO works to receive and send a signal at the same time as opposed to one after the other. If your not using timecoded vinyl or CDs the ASIO is pretty much useless.

The timecode is a signal that your cd decks or turntables will be sending to the herc/soundcard. the herc/soundcard will then give that signal to VDJ and at the same time will return the music as fast as the signal comes in. This will save you a few ms of latency thus giving you a better control from your cd/tts

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 6:20 pm
I try to explane what I understood about latency till now, is maybe wrong, so I would like to know if 'm on the right road.
The letency is the time that pass between when the sound is suppose to start and the actual moment when you ear the sound itself.
example: if I set up an high latency value and then I press a key on my midi controller I will ear the sound a little after (not at the same time).
If this is true for any process like this, if I press a key on my Hercules (or any other) there will be a delay it start to do something.....also for the WDM driver you can set up the latency value (maybe VDJ has a fixed one) but if you set it too low the sounds will start to make strange noises (I don't want to go too technical....:)...) that's why some very clever human been has invented the ASIO drivers (many thanks to him/hem/them).
Anyway I don't have any problem on the midi side, if fast enough, but I was thinking this: probably because VDJ can handle low latency WDM with a basic time stretching function...but when you try to select one of the other settings (better time stretching quality) it start dropping noises........mmmm...actually I can try anyway this thing I just have to unplug the console and try using the mouse.........I will do it later.
Ok the explanation was terrible like always but I hope somebody understood what I'm try to say.

geposted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 7:50 pm
me again, I realized that I if I unplug the hercules console I have to install the asio4all drivers to have asio suppost on my onboard card..so..can anybody try to switch to a better time stretching mode using asio drivers, maybe not using timecoded vinyls?
thanks, let me know

geposted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 8:02 pm
for the latency you are correct. if you hit a button on the console you do get a delay. the delay isn't that great. I mean when you hit play on the console you will only get maybe 1ms of latency so it sounds as if its instant.

For the timestretch and you getting some weird noises I'd like to know what your computer specs are. can you create a blog and put your computer details inside or possibly post them here in the forums?

geposted Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 2:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)