Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Some tips please : )

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

stylusHome userMember since 2006
I mainly play house music which tends to be around 122 and 127 bpm. Im after any tips on what i could do other than moving the crossfader in between tracks. Does any of you mess with the eq, for instance. When i mix the next track in it always sounds obvious. I have the crossfader config on smooth, is that right for u.s house? Cheers.

geposted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 4:07 pm
TotyoHome userMember since 2006
hello stylus

I dont use the crossfader
I use the volume sliders and the bass eq
you always have to start the bass of the mix in track from -8, -7, and gradually increse it on shifts.
while you are doing this, gradually & slowly decrease the volume of the mix out track.

hope this helps. I do mixing this way

geposted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 5:45 pm

geposted Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 5:46 pm
stylusHome userMember since 2006
Hi totyo, thanks for the advice. Have you used rip vinyl yet that comes with vdj console? I have this 'cant save error' when ive recorded a record, any ideas whats causing this? Thanks : )

geposted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 12:47 pm
I have neither turntables nor vinyls...

geposted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 8:19 pm
when i mix house or trance, wait for the part towards the end of the track where the beat goes away for around four beats, decrease the bass eq on the track playing, and start the next track as soon as the beat comes back in. with the crossfader a litle less than a quater of the way over.
hope that makes sense, works for me :)

totyo like your idea, sounds a bit tricky with only a mouse and key board though haha :)

happy mixing guys

Sean.

geposted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 8:58 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)