Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SO WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST SOUND DEVICE TO USE TO MIX VIDEO AND TIME CODED WAX AND HAVE THE LEAST TROUBLE???? I HAVE APONEER DJM 600 AND 2 TECHNICS.............I AM GONNA CHOOSE VDJ OVER FS/SSL BECAUSE OF THE VIDEO BUT CAN I REALLY USE THE TCV FOR THE VIDEO CONTROLS INSTEAD OD MKii CONTROLLER OR WHAT IS IT THAT I SHOULD REALLY USE???? OD SHOULD I SAY BUY AS THE ASIO???

geposted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 3:05 am
Please please please... fisrt disable your caps lock !!!

Nobody here shout againts you !

Thanks

geposted Sat 15 Apr 06 @ 11:02 am
all you'll need are 2 TTs a mixer and an ASIO soundcard that supports 4 mono ins and 4 mono outs. We recommend the U46DJ from ESI because it offers low latency and is known to be compatible.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 12:15 am
Thanks, but i am really not sure what i can use for a mixer to control the video fader witha out board mixer like a djm 600 or even the new djm 800. I really want to use the video mixing with out having to use function keys or a mouse almost like the MKII controler without using it????

geposted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 10:55 am
I have a question....

I have a Maya 44 soundcard. Because I use the software RIAA Pre-Amp... does that cause any latency issues? I haven't really seen too much.. but I may be wrong.

Also to answer the other guys question. You can use any midi compatible mixer like the new Pioneer DJM-800 or the Ecler Nou 4 to control the crossfading of video along with the audio. I am in the process of getting that expensive solution soon.

geposted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 11:04 am
OK cool, thats what I was wondering. Well now I have to decide if I should go with the djm800 or a Allen and Heath mixer....also mackie makes the fire wire/usb 2 channel mixer...but thanks if the a midi control mixer would work then i just have to choose..............but you are right>>EXPENSIVE!!!!

geposted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 11:19 am
@ Low_fat_al

Not having pre-amps on your TTs or the Maya won't affect the latency at all.

@ luislikedis

For video mixing I understand about having a hard time to control the videos using a non mini Xfader. But as Low_fat_al mentioned you can get an expensive mixer like the DJM800 or Ecler Nuo4. I currently use an M-Audio Ozone workstation to do my video transitions since I don't do much video parties. Basically I still use my faders on my mixer but I have a knob on the Ozone to let me make the video transitions.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 4:15 pm
funakiHome userMember since 2005

geposted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 11:22 am
yes:) thats possible. Almost any midi compatible contoller, can be used to controll the video crossfader, trigger transition effects and video effects... :)

geposted Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 4:35 pm
yeah i know any other midi controler could work. i really want a mixer lets say djm600/djm800 when i slide its fader to switch music .............when i mix video i want it to switch also WITHOUT use another device to work it all together.

geposted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 4:56 am
well the djm600 is NOT a midi compatible mixer unfortunatelly however the 800 is. I would recommend the djm800 or the Ecler Nuo4.

geposted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 12:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Just to get these clear.

You can use VirtualDJ and TCVs to control your mixing videos, even scratch if you want. You need a good PC with enough RAM and a good Video card (N-Vida 6600GT 128MB DDR3 recomended) you can see some other tips in the forum for your PC.

You need a good low latency soundcard if you want to do heavy scratch.

To do the audio mixing you can use an external Mixer as you have, but for video mixing you can do it with a single midi fader. You can use any Midi device with VDJ for this, but if you want to use a single mixer to do all, go to the NUO4 or DJM 800.

Of Course all these work great with VirtualDJ Pro edition, so I highly recommend you to do buy it as your first step to go.

Good Luck!

geposted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 6:54 pm
So its true then!!! I can use the DJM800 to control the Virtual fader in Virtual dj pro to slide over when i slide the DJM8000 fader over. The I am sold and will buy it. It was my biggest worry and it is still expensive but I will be using this in a club setting and I did want to be turning knobs and sliding faders to get the effect I wanted. I shold say the effect that VDJ gives so wonderfully. I am stll looking into the ecler nuo 4 but as a less expensive route. But thanks again and I should be recieving my TCV tomarrow for the demo but I will be buying the full one here!!!

geposted Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 4:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)