Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: IMPORTANT!!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO CONTACT EBAY ASAP - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

THEY ARE SELLING THIS SOFTWARE ON EBAY FOR A LOT LESS AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO NOTIFY EBAY THIS IS NOT RIGHT.. IT IS COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL AND IT MAKES VDJ LOOK CHEAP... WE NEED TO GET SOME RESPECT ABOUT THE PRODUCT.

Virtual DJ Mixing Pro Item number: 9714254122

Current bid: GBP 0.99
(Approximately US $1.77)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End time: Apr-24-06 11:44:12 PDT (4 days 5 hours)
Ships to: N. and S. America, Europe, Australia
Item location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
History: 1 bid
High bidder: sattya06 ( 4 )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also: Watch this item
Email to a friend

Listing and payment details: HideShow
Starting time: Apr-17-06 11:44:12 PDT
Starting bid: GBP 0.99
Duration: 7-day listing

Payment methods: PayPal
See details

Meet the seller
Seller: softwareinc_uk ( 0 )
Member: since Apr-17-06 in United Kingdom
Registered as a private seller

Description

Item Specifics

Condition: New

This translation is provided as a service. eBay cannot guarantee its accuracy. View Item Specifics in original language.

VirtualDJ is the hottest MP3 mixing software, targeting every DJ from bedroom DJs to professional superstars like Carl Cox and Pete Tong. With its breakthrough BeatLock engine, your songs will always stay in the beat, and you can work your mixes incredibly faster than any other DJ could.

The automatic seamless loop engine and the brand new synchronised sampler will let you perform astounding remixes live, with no preparation at all. The visual representation and the cues allow you to clearly see the song's structure, and never be surprised by a break anymore. The vinyl controls will let you scratch like on a real turntable, except that with the beatlock engine your scratches will never end out of the beat.

Add to that an infinite number of cue points you can save for each songs, a bunch of wonderful effects automatically beat-synchronised.

Add also several interfaces to suit everybody from the beginner to the professional DJ, the possibility to record your mixes to burn them on CDs, to broadcast on the Internet and have your own radio station, to save your CDs directly in MP3, to use a headphone to preview the songs or an external mixtable to perform in a club.

Lastly, enter the new era of DJs by mixing video clips (DVD, DivX, MPEG...) which you can send on a giant screen.

Virtual DJ brings you all that, in the most easy-to-use way, and at the most affordable price

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:01 pm
How to report a listing to eBay

The following steps are for reporting a listing to eBay. Only the intellectual property rights owner can report of potentially infringing items or listings through eBay's VeRO Program. If you are not the intellectual property rights owner, you can still help by getting in touch with the rights owner and encouraging them to contact us. For a list of rights owners who participate in our VeRO program, view the list of About Me Pages.

Step One:

If you have a good faith belief that a listing on eBay infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is download our Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) form, fill it out, and fax it to eBay. Download eBay's NOCI form

Note: You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print our NOCI form. You can download a free copy at Adobe's Web site.

Step Two:

After we receive your first NOCI, eBay will send you an electronic version of our NOCI form as well as instructions on how to submit future reports electronically.

Step Three:

We encourage you to educate eBay users about your products and legal positions by creating an "About Me" page. We have found that many of our users cease listing potentially infringing items when presented with such information.

Learn how to set up your About Me page. Once you have posted your About Me page, send us an email and we will include it in our list of Intellectual Property Rights Owner About Me pages.

Email us for more information.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:11 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

As long it is a legitimate copy, the seller can sell it for what ever they wish, you can't stop that.

-Dj Los.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:12 pm
THESE ARE NOT LEGITIMATE COPIES READ THIS EMAIL MESSAGE!!! THIS IS WHY SERATO DOES NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND THEY ARE GAINING GROUND WITH ALL THE DJ'S.

of course ut s a bootleg at that price, but i garantee it does not crash as its an official unlock code. I have been using this version live over 5 hour gigs over 50 times. wait til you see all the skins and effects and samples that are extra.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:17 pm
Hi,

As long it is a legitimate copy, the seller can sell it for what ever they wish, you can't stop that.

-Dj Los.

That is not true, please re-read the terms and conditions you agree to when you install VDJ. No one can sell or distrubte Virtual DJ without written permission of Atomix Productions.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:27 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can't sell your licence :

[...]
3. License Restrictions

(a) Other than as set forth in Section 2, you may not make or distribute copies of the Software, or electronically transfer the Software from one computer to another or over a network.
(b) You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
(c) You may not sell, rent, lease, transfer or sublicense the Software.
(d) You may not sell, rent, lease, transfer or sublicense hardware on which the Software was previously installed, without the written agreement of Atomix.
(e) You may not modify the Software or create derivative works based upon the Software.
(f) In the event that you fail to comply with this EULA, Atomix may terminate the license and you must destroy all copies of the Software.
[...]

http://www.virtualdj.com/disclaimer.html

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:27 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK, My Bad!!

I did not know, I was thinking people are honest as myself, and based on that, if I purchased VDJ, never registered it and then try to sell it.

But as you pointed out, he does say in the text that it's a "crack" for all intended purposes. Yeah, if I were VDJ I would go after that person.

-Dj Los.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 4:43 pm
@ Piracy staff

This is why we should be required to register each copy that we use and have a limit on how many computers VDJ can simultaneously be installed on. Morales in today’s society aren’t close to what they use to be.

@ DJBIGMARK

If what you’ve posted is true, “THESE ARE NOT LEGITIMATE COPIES READ THIS EMAIL MESSAGE!!!” Ebay could be liable for knowingly aiding and abetting the selling of illegal software. If Atomix Productions doesn’t do anything about this, VDJ might as well be given away for free. Furthermore, who is going to stop someone from distributing crack, the “Software Sheriffs”? Consequently, VDJ 4 needs some serious security features.

OO

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 6:24 pm

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 7:46 pm
@Double O

A crack is designed to work around copy protection. We are already required to register all instances of Virtual DJ (serial number) but the crack makes Virtual DJ load regardless of there being a serial number or not. Similarly some sort of forced activation would just get cracked too, it happened to Microsoft, it happened to Adobe, it happened to Macromedia, it happened to Symantec, you get the picture. I don't think many DJ's would be too happy about having to be forced into activating their DJ software either, many people are already skeptical of PC DJing software. At least for the moment there are no key generators floating around for Virtual DJ. According to the EULA (legally it probably doesn't matter what people say on these forums) we cannot install Virtual DJ on more than one PC even if we're the sole owners and users of those machines.

The internet is pretty much a free unregulated place and piracy hurts (does it?) all companies, even Traktor and PCDJ. Atomix can't combat the illegal distribution of Virtual DJ 100% although I understand what you're saying.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 8:13 pm
313ctroHome userMember since 2005
Another reason for propiatary hardware (SSL, FS2). Software is useless without the hardware. The reason why SSL doesn't have piracy problems. In fact, their software is actually free for anyone to download.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 8:51 pm
@ Andrew87

Although I know there is no full proof security system, VDJ HAS NO SECURITY MEASURES. Do you realize that I could give every DJ that I know with a computer my copy of VDJ because there isn’t anything stopping me but my conscious. Unfortunately, there are too many people in the world that don’t care about what’s morally right. Consequently, many software companies implement registration requirements in order to "minimize" the illegal sharing of their products. I have used several other software products (including PCDJ) that required registering each installation and limited the amount of installations. This was never a problem.

Furthermore, I don’t expect Piracy staff to “crack down” on everybody that is illegally using VDJ. However, when you have someone illegally selling VDJ on Ebay (for only $1.77), that warrants some type of investigation.

@ 313ctro

Good point. That's why Numark has hardware to go along with Virtual Vinyl, which is a "protected" version of VDJ.

OO

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 8:52 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
maybe we should use some type of usb dongle or an online activation on only a certain amout of computers per license ..like windows xp ..even though it has been defeated, they pretty much prevented further updates without more cracks and it at least took some time to crack.. i would hate to see local dj's compete with my area with a cracked version of VDJ or a version that they hardly paid anything for.. i use my copy of vdj on 3 of my pc's 1. my primary gig pc 2. my backup laptop .. and 3. my home pc to make sure updates work before going on the other two computers (aka VDJ 3.3) so i guess 3 would be a nice online activation number unless other Dj's need more. But VDJ should be protected better.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 9:17 pm
A hardware solution doesn't ensure no piracy, just look at Steinberg's Cubase. Virtual DJ faces no more piracy than Native Instruments do and RANE are only safe from their hardware solution because SSL cators to too much of a niche for any of the big groups to attempt cracking it. For a start they'd be out of pocket £400 just buying it and I'm not sure how many hacker enthusiast DJs there are out there. Would you really want a hardware solution for Virtual DJ? I wouldn't want to pay shipping on top of VAT. Activation is no problem for crackers to bypass, as I said before, MS Windows, MS Office, Macromedia Studio MX, Adobe Photoshop just about every software you can name. Even antivirus scanners from huge corporations like Symantec, not only do hackers bypass the activation but the software is capable of updates too.

The person who bid $1.77 on Virtual DJ is probably not someone that would buy the software anyway, Atomix aren't losing money from it because it isn't a lost sale. The seller obviously isn't going to last long anyway, with their 0 feedback it wouldn't be suprising if the highest bidder is in fact themselves.

I personally wouldn't like to see forced activation for Virtual DJ, activation is the one thing which really annoys me with all software that have it.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 9:19 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i support forced activation. and hardware which at least activates the software.
eg my posts in this thread http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/48620/General_Discussion/Will_Hardware__Units_kill_Software_Solutions_.html?page=1 and others.

even if its just a little USB device that does it.

I mean sometimes if ppl are looting why pay for something. even tho im soon gonna be buying this software it almost feels like throwing money coz its not difficult to get copy. this company doesnt even throw fake copies out there to throw ppl off.
if there's a copy out there that fukks up ppls computers that will greatly minimize illegally using the software. VDJ company should release 20 or 30 dummy copies out there for version 4. each of them having their own problems.
i dont even like the fact that v4 is a free update. i feel v3 shouldv come with a price.

2. Stop Snitching.

3. hopefully vista will greatly minimize or stop all this.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 12:48 am
It's also not difficult to get a corporate version of windows xp which is windows genuine compatible (windowsupdate) and a corporate level firewall along with any other software you need. It's even easier to get Cubase with a dongle crack. I don't see why anyone would want forced activation. You pay $149 for Virtual DJ, whack on 17.5% VAT (UK residents) and then probably another $60 to ship the dongle and cover manufacturing costs which you'll probably end up leaving behind when you go to play a gig anyway.

If Atomix made versions which did mess up peoples computers it wouldn't look very good for their image, the name Virtual DJ already sounds like a kids toy (I love the program but the name really doesn't sound very top level as truthful as the name is). What you propose would be malicious software released with the intent to cause damage, a virus - come on, professional companies can't afford to get caught doing that.

I also don't understand why you dislike that v4 will come as a free update. Not everyone is going to upgrade to Vista (which the most recent beta also has already activation hacks) and I don't see how it will greatly minimize or stop all this, unless you support big brother in your house.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 1:02 am
i don't agree about using a usb dongle for security. my laptop has few precious ports. i don't one wasted on a silly little dongle. i really appreciate the way ssl does it. the hardware box is the security. i think this works out perfectly. it also allows the software to be free. This is important. This means every club in the world can legally download a copy of SSL and preinstall it in clubs. Also means that I can install it on every computer I own without any problems. This kind of setup also works *really* well when you have a whole bunch of DJs who need to play one right after the other. I've had gigs with at least 4 DJs going back to back. We'd never worked together or known eachother but the show flowed seamlessly because of that little box,.. mac or pc,.. didn't matter. Plug and go, show keeps on rolling. I'd like to see 4 DJs try that live with their maya 44s.

Hey, I know we're all tired of VDJ and SSL comparisons, and trust me, no one is more tired of this than I am but I think this topic is notable in that I think SSL got it right on this point.

I wonder if the Numark product will be tied to their soundcard in a similar way.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 1:06 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
at the end of the day i dont think anyone give a monkies what you think about how much all of us should pay for the software. your gonna come here with your cracked version and tell me i should pay more money for something?

and USB dongles dont protect jack, logic, roland design, edirol. all USB dongle. all cracked and public. All they provide is a good way of fucking decent customers up when they loose the stupid little key and have to traul through the process of getting (and paying) for a new one. (or go the easy way and get the crack)

piracy is a fact and there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. I would rather attomix didnt mess with VDJ 4 trying to make it protected because invariabley it will lead to more code, slower settup, activation, loading and also more instability.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 1:11 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i didnt say i have a cracked version.

in your profile where u have a picture of your desktop u have a folder that has a Crack subfolder. that's a crack to what software?
im sure you use that kazaa on there to get legit music files.

dont box with the god. ur hands aint long enough.

when this non registered tag changes we can go track for track, mix for mix. u can bring ur boys in your profile to judge.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 1:23 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
did i say i dont use cracked stuf? i have said enough times that i do!

can you not understand how it may annoy someone that a person who stole a product then goes to the website and tels everyone else they should pay more for it? how stupid are you?

I may have a picture of a desktop with a Doom3 crack on but i dont run to the ID website and tell everyone that the price of Doom4 should be higher. (oh and also expect no one there to call my standing to according concideration)

geposted Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 1:45 am
59%