Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Show us your gear - for inspiration and ideas to others - Page: 15

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

qfb_ros wrote :
Hey TopHouse!

What card/system/setup you use to feed the video monitors from the VirtualDJ PC?
Im just starting to evaluate to purchace VirtualDJ because I want to add video to my gigs ( I use Serato) but I dont know what Video Hardware I need for the PC.

Thank you! :)

Graphics card is an ATI X1800 GTO2 limited edition with 512 of DDR3 memory. This feeds out to a vga splitter/amp on the secondary output feeding the two 20" monitors up front, then the primary output goes to the 15" monitor with my VDJ interface on it. The PC is a P4 3 gig, 2 gig of ddr ram, an Abit motherboard and a Gigaport AG usb soundcard.

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 1:00 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
here is my setup

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 9:20 pm

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 7:13 am
ciao ragazzi siccome ke sn nuovo vorrei sapere una cosa?
1) vorrei diventare un dj e dovrei comprare un mixer e vorrrei pagare poco mi sapreste indicare qualcosa ciao aspetto notizie al piu presto
ciao da lello

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 2:39 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Lello qua si scrive solo in inglese... vai nel forum italiano per domande!

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 3:06 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
@ DJ Cyder

Am i missing something? Have not seen many pictures of all-in-one boxes, but that's your amp in there right? Huge thing. I been thinking of making something like that, but if my amp is put on a table just as it is, it will probably bend the table (hence putting it on the ground, in its rackbox).

Do the amps you guys use, make use of choppers or sine voltage converters? The one i have uses sine, and it takes 2 people to move it just by itself without the box.

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:58 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Thats not the amp thats the computer in there, I use powered speakers.

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 5:36 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
So, the speakers must be heavy since the amplifier is integrated?

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 6:05 pm
TopHouse wrote :
It's actually quite a big bar, see www.thetophouse.com At weekends We do what we call "a club in a pub". It's very successful. I also do my fair share of other gigs but i can pick and choose. My biggest gig so far was a football ground!

ah, you're in manchester then? cool, not far from me at all.

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 7:23 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ah, that computer case could have had me fooled :D

Where did you get it from?

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 9:29 pm
Niems wrote :
PLEASE tell me how old the keyboard is??? :D

or is it because you have modified the keys for vdj shortcuts and didnt want to mess up a new keyboard?

YES it does work good click click go the buttons
Its about 10 years sticker on bottom says> 1996
My dads got a stack of them about a foot high !

PS: I have got so good at typing "cause I cant see what letter/number key im pushing !!!"
they should do this in schools to teach kids how to type ! lol

geposted Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 3:15 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Computer Specs have been updated. Check my blog/profile.

geposted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 2:11 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Wassup y'all...(",)

Finally got some pics taken of my gear. With my DAC 3 on board I really love it. This rig might not be the biggest, or the most expensive, or the best of gear, but for what I do, it's my pride and joy...:o)

Everything sits in the box like this. The monitor slides down behind the mixer and I can even fit my keyboard, mouse and cd player in there too. In fact, you can just see the edge of my keyboard on the right hand side at the back of the box. The keyboard is just a tiny keyboard that I got from ebay. It's great because of the size...(",)

Inside the box itself there isn't anything major really. I've got a Euro 4E light controller which i connect externally to light boxes and panels depending on the gig I'm doing. Looks a bit messy with all the cabling and stuff, but it's ideal for me.

When it's all up and running, it looks like this:

And the whole setup looks like this:

This is my 4 speaker setup. Ideal for what I do - mainly functions. Running 4 300w speakers through my 400w amp gives the right sound for me. The heavier speakers at the bottom aren't bass bins, but they do provide a good sound. My spot boxes are connected to my Euro 4E in the box and the Kam Mandarin Dragon in the middle is a great effect. In the background on the T bar, you can see 2 smaller spinners and a big Sound Lab spinner on the left hand side. The cheesy rope light is my finishing touch. I also use a Numark corded mike and a Kam radio mike.

I'm a great fan of disco lights - and I'd go all out if I could - but someone once told me that a light show doesn't make your night. I'm beginning to believe that. It's nice to have toys to play with and stuff to impress the punters with, but at the end of the day, these guys aren't there to see your lights, they're there to hear your music and have a good night. Don't get me wrong, you need enough lights to have a disco with, but not anything too overpowering. In fact, I've been told on one occassion that the lights I have in the pic above were overkill. Needless to say I disagreed with that!!! Ahem!

geposted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 3:52 pm
My light controller is just a bulgin connection controller and I can connect another 20 odd light boxes or panels to it - so I'm really open to expansion. Speaking of expansion, I'm actually in the process of buying a mobile disco business, which consists of:

17 sets of speakers (plus my 2 sets of 2) = 40 odd speakers - ranging from 150w to 500w each
4 Mixers (plus mine) = 5
5 minidisc players
8 amplifiers - everything from 150w to 1000w - 10 amps in all (amps can be linked together for more power for bigger functions)
5 sets of disco lighting = 5 spot boxes like the one above plus 5 big light panels, another T bar plus 2 big lighting effecs, similair to my KAM Mandarin Dragon and then my own lights
Bulbs, cables etc
Diary of bookings for 2007 and some for 2008 plus my own bookings
3/4 other dj's

I will be looking to recruit other DJ's so I'll be building new computers and of course using Virtual DJ setups similair to mine. Man, I love this job!!!

Not only does this business do mobile discos, but we also do pub quizzes. 9 a week at the moment and things can only get bigger and better. There's also karaoke potential, so it's all go on this side of things.

(",)

geposted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 4:24 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pionara
How did you mount the monitor with the slide?
I have been looking for something and cannot find anything.
Problem I have is the monitor does not have the 4 screws in the
back like most. So I cannot mount a plate.
System looks great.

geposted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 7:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
nice one pionara

geposted Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 8:33 pm
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006

geposted Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 4:51 am
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sorry I forgot the BB code.

geposted Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 6:04 am
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
OMG gulker!!! Those iCDX's are sooooooooooo awesome!

How do they go?

geposted Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 10:42 am
@ Bogart

Believe it or not mate, the monitor is mounted a simple piece of wood that I got from B & Q. It's about 9 or so mm thick and all i've done is bolt a monitor mount to the wood. I had to cut the mount down though to make extra room to fit the DAC 3 in, but a hacksaw does the trick there...and a bit of patience!

The piece of wood itself (which you can see in the picture - haven't got round to carpeting/painting it black yet) is on a sliding mount that I made using two drawer rails (similar to these on ebay) which have been mounted on the inside of the case, only up the way instead of horizontally like a normal drawer.

The whole mount slides up and rests on the edge of the mixer. On the mixer itself at the top edge, you can make out a silver 'thing' just sitting there. I don't actually know what it is! It's maybe a picture bracket or something that I found in my kitched drawer. I took the cover screw out of the mixer and put this little guy in there before putting the screw back in, and it acts like a rest for the monitor to prevent it from slipping onto the channel selector switches on the top of the mixer. Cheap alternative to the monitor in the back of the box problem...(",)

I did go out and buy a proper mount from http://www.2iq.co.uk which cost me more than a hundred quid, but i've never got round to using it because it's too big for my case, so that's a bit of a bummer. If I don't sell it on I'll maybe keep it for a future system.

I'm really surprised that your monitor doesn't have screw holes on the back - strange that one...:o| Could you maybe use these extra strong velcro tabs that you get? You can get them in B & Q, Halfords and places like that for a couple of quid. They can hold about 5kg in weight and last for a while too. You could use them with a monitor mount and hey presto, you'll be sorted.

Good luck finding what you're looking for.

Cheers...and keep spinnin...(",)

geposted Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 5:17 pm
57%