Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Show us your gear - for inspiration and ideas to others - Page: 8

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

@ putte,

Hi, i like the look of your case, but there doesn't appear to be any padding in it, is everything bolted into the case somehow. I'd be very interested to know, I'm just putting together a case myself at the moment.

Thanks.

Andy.

geposted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 6:55 am
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi everything is inside the case, under the hercules is the usb drive .under the laptop and mixer is the powersupplys .

geposted Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 11:58 am
ficheroHome userMember since 2006
asass

geposted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 5:30 pm
Hey Tex, nice neat setup. Although it seems you would get blown through the wall with your sub firing right in your face. :) Seems a little cramped, but at least it is neat. :) I used to do everything on a desk like that at one point. If you have some extra cash (and the room) try ordering an 'L' desk from Officemax. They run about $120. It's worth it. If my studio had enough room I would have two of them right now.

geposted Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 8:40 pm
xantharHome userMember since 2006
This is the newest addition to my setup!

Quote :
To play the record the handle needs to be turned in a clockwise direction at a
steady 331/3 rpm. The paper cone then acts as a pick up and amplifies the sound
enough to make it audible.

http://www.simonelvins.com/paper_record.html

geposted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 12:44 am
Great setup Can't it be made so that it works with the heat from the Pizza inside. :-)

geposted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 11:06 am
I will build a pair of them.

But, anyone has the interface to conect it to VDJ... (LOL)
(Have they a WI-FI inside: LOL)

geposted Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 12:53 pm
xantharHome userMember since 2006
Nice setup Mariush! Where are you from? :-)

geposted Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 2:19 am
Nice setup, but all those glasses with liquid would worry the hell out of me. :)

geposted Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 7:17 am
xanthar wrote :
Nice setup Mariush! Where are you from? :-)

Hi. I'm from Romania. About glasses.....nothing bad happend....yet. :)

geposted Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 11:24 pm
Here's some pics of my decks that will eventually be used with virtual dj...

As you can see, not in the greatest shape at the moment, but they're coming along nicely. I also have a Technics DZ1200 and a CDJ800 (currently dodgy) to go with them too)

geposted Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 5:17 pm
Hi all,

here's my new case, it's just a 12u mixer case, but i've added the shelves for the laptop, dac3, fans, hard drive, etc :)

geposted Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 4:42 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
@secretsoul: What the hell are you doing with your gear? Will you use it for timecoded vinyls? If you're good in electronics, you could add a rotary encoder and make a MIDI device with a MCU...

geposted Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 9:38 pm
TexZK wrote :
@secretsoul: What the hell are you doing with your gear? Will you use it for timecoded vinyls? If you're good in electronics, you could add a rotary encoder and make a MIDI device with a MCU...

basically it's a pair of technics i got that are simply battered. there's quite a few parts need replacing so i'm gonna restore them one at a time.

the 1200 isn't too bad (new tonearm, new pitch and that's all it needs) but the 1210 is very bad. i've had to completely dismantle it, taking all the electronics out of the casing, and it seems that it had a drink spilt on it at some point which has done a fair bit of damage. but i'll get there, eventually. it'll compliment my dz1200 and cdj800 nicely :D

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 12:24 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Fortunately the electronic board is neat and not in SMD... This will help you while "debugging". Maybe try by plugging it to the power supply and your nose will tell you where the problem is, if something was burning... If it's a sort of diode... it's a curse, as it's difficult to find. Maybe someone who knows electronics will help you.

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 2:56 pm
TexZK wrote :
Fortunately the electronic board is neat and not in SMD... This will help you while "debugging". Maybe try by plugging it to the power supply and your nose will tell you where the problem is, if something was burning... If it's a sort of diode... it's a curse, as it's difficult to find. Maybe someone who knows electronics will help you.

it's ok, i know the problems, i have some experience and qualifications in electronics. it's just a case of tracking down, ordering and waiting for the relevant parts. the target lamp was completely burnt out, it had even burnt the wires and the pcb under it, so that's been removed now. the main (and more costly problem) with the 1200 is the state of the chassis. the top is quite battered around the edges with heavy scratches and markings, and the rubber base isn't in the best condition either. unfortunately those are the most expensive parts to replace too.

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 3:02 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@secretsoul

If you need help i got a service manual for the 1200 somewhere and might be able to get one for the 1210 also. + i also know "some" about electronics ;-)

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 3:16 pm
pern wrote :
@secretsoul

If you need help i got a service manual for the 1200 somewhere and might be able to get one for the 1210 also. + i also know "some" about electronics ;-)

thanks, i managed to download a pdf version so should be ok. btw, the 1200 and 1210 are the same decks ;)

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 3:57 pm
success, the 1200 is working almost perfectly. the new pitch control came this morning, as well as some cosmetic parts (on/off switch, pitch ornament, etc) and i fitted and tested my new ortofon nightclub s carts for the first time. the final steps are to replace to scratched, black 1210 tonearm that's on it for a nice new silver 1200 one, then change the dodgy audio leads for high quality ones and to swap all the LEDs and the target lamp for blue ones.

not looking forward to starting on the 1210 though, that's got much more cosmetic damage and is gonna take longer to get all the parts.

geposted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 4:09 pm
30%