Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 4.1 sound card problems

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi there I have got a problem getting my 4.1 compatitable (7.1 as a matter a fact) sound card to set up a separate port so I can monitor through my headphones, can anyone help me??? I have set my mixstation settings to 4.1 and have ticked the 7.1 box. I have also gone and changed my sound card settings to 7.1 and tried to assign a port to the headphones with no luck. Instead all I get is the both the speakers and headphone channels coming both through my speakers and nothing coming through my headphone port. Has anyone had this problem??

geposted Tue 30 May 06 @ 3:09 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Did you try advanced config?

geposted Tue 30 May 06 @ 4:56 pm
I selected 7.1 in advanced config on my soundcard and still it didn't work. I'm using an onboard legacy sound card running on a gigabyte 915P motherboard. I can assign the channels in my sound card settings but they won't seem to apply.

geposted Wed 31 May 06 @ 7:28 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had this problem a couple weeks ago. No matter what I did it did not work. Finally I changed the cables from the computer to the mixer and everything was fine once again. Actually it was only one bad cable. Maybe you can try that as an option

geposted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 12:21 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i am not really sure what you can do with your version, but try advanced confih if it is possible.

geposted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 10:39 pm
I think I may to have to try the splitter option instead of have two separate channels, will try it and see how I go. However it should work the other way as well, it is still got me thinking?????? It may be an IRQ conflict...who knows?

geposted Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 4:44 pm
Tell you what, there are anywhere from 3 to 5 different places you have to tell Windows that you really want your sound card to be using multichannel (instead of stereo) mode. I've got several stations using Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit 4.1 channel sound cards, and had to tell Windows I was using four speakers, then tell DirectX I was using four speakers, then something else (don't recall what). After that, I could go into VirtualDJ, but still wouldn't work using the basic options. I had to go all the way down to Advanced Config, and manually set the following (which can be changed presumably to your preferences):

Deck 1 Left: SB Live! Front Left
Deck 1 Right: SB Live! Front Right
Deck 2 Left: SB Live! Front Left
Deck 2 Right: SB Live! Front Right
Phones Left: SB Live! Rear Left
Phones Right: SB Live! Rear Right

It didn't work when I told it to output through the LFE (sub) or center channels, don't know exactly why. This setup did work for me though, maybe it can help you solve your problem. I do know that if you don't have your sound card turned onto surround multichannel mode in several different places, VirtualDJ cannot use it for multichannel output. You might check your sound card manuals for more information.

Let me know if this helps, you can always contact me via e-mail at the address I have posted at http://vdj.fortmyersbiz.com .

-DJ Eric

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 1:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)