Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vinyls & pci soundcards

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Here's the deal: I wanna buy vdj software and 2 time coded vinyls for my desktop PC and I want to use 2 pci soundcards with them. Now I read everything on the site and forums but I still don't get it. If I use the 2 soundcards with the vinyls, won't they conflict? I mean usually 2 soundcards at same time create a conflict on PC so wouldn't they [even though ASIO 4 All is there]? If they do conflict, then how am I supposed to use 2 pci soundcards with vinyls? And btw, it is possible according to this site.

I just wanna know so that I don't blow my money away for nothing.

Thank you.

geposted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 11:07 pm
TCV / TCCD work with one soundcard only. You need 4 ins and 4 outs using one soundcard.

geposted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 11:12 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
it will work with two pci soundcards and asio4all (emluated ASIO driver), each card will work independent without conflict, it depends on the soundcard and its compatibility with ASIO4ALL but most will work just fine.

geposted Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 11:58 pm
listen2

You need to map in order to work with tcvs and 2 sound cards e.g. 2 soundblaster live, cause short time ago I tried to make them work with asio4all and I couldn't , if so, do you have specific instructions in your blog about that? ,thanks.

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 1:56 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
manquin_dj wrote :
listen2

You need to map in order to work with tcvs and 2 sound cards e.g. 2 soundblaster live, cause short time ago I tried to make them work with asio4all and I couldn't , if so, do you have specific instructions in your blog about that? ,thanks.

I'm not sure what your saying... ASIO4ALL detects both cards, open the config and see if all the in/outs are green and available. What was the problem you were having?
I basicly followed this

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

I know the channels can get funky but i am using the default settings, you can change them in the registry, but that is a whole other thing. What version of ASIO4ALL are you using?? 2.6 or 2.7?? I tried 2.7 and it would not work at all i would get ASIO error and one of my inputs was not available, It changed something i suspect in the registry since i reinstalled 2.6 and it still would not work until i did a system restore. So if you tried 2.7 well then that might be your problem

geposted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 3:19 pm
I tried with asio4all 2.6 and it says "there are not enough input channels" or something like that, and I can only use one deck , I have asio4all 2.7 but I haven't tried with this version. Acw told me that once he tried to work with 2 soundblasterlive and asio4all he couldn't, I don't know if is neccessary that the 2 sound cards are different for not creating conflicts , or it doesn't matter? what kind of pci cards you are using? do you have any picture about your configuration?, thanks a lot.

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 12:23 am
well, I've tried even modifying the registry but I can't work with this 2 pci cards and they both are enabled in asio4all settings.

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 9:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)