Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mac version release when??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm just getting into teh DJ world as I have been a musician for many years but wanting to add a DJ capabilty to my profile. I hear Virtual DJ is the way to go but I am a Mac guy big time. I see the Mac version talk. Is there a real date so I know which way to go with my purchases...? Thanks. Any suggestions to a 44 year old musican that will be enetering DJ world woudl be gladly accepted! :-)

Keith

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 5:10 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hello, VirtualDJ for Mac will be, but the date is unknown yet. Version 4 may will be released on day when Numark will release VirtualVinyl system. More here: http://www.numark.com

Perhaps you won't mix with keyboard & mouse :)
So you will need some hardware. If you prefer vinyls, you can get new vinyls from Numark (possibly selling on this page too, but not sure) or you can get VDJ vinyls now.
Maybe you want to use cd-players (you will need TCCDs).
There are many controllers out there which work with VirtualDj, like EKS XP10, Hercules Dj Console, Behringer BCD 2000, Dac2 or Dac3, and so on.

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 5:30 pm
I will be using MP3s I believe...

Thanks for you help!

Keith

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 5:48 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
well.. if you choose VirtualDJ, of course you will play mp3s :) VDj supports also video formats and a lot of audio formats.
But if you like to controll your mp3 with hardware you can choose between turntables, cd-players or USB controllers. Every of this products can controll mp3s on your hard drive.

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 6:00 pm
Look for hardware options for VDJ here. You could use whatever you like best. Most users start with controlling VDJ with mouse and keyboard and buy a controller later on.
Ewout

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 8:11 pm
Thanks guys!! I'll do the mouse and keyboard deal. Hopefully the Mac version happens soon so I won't need XP ..!!!!!

Keith

geposted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 8:19 pm
I called Numark HQ here in the US yesterday. Their Virtual Vinyl is still expected to ship in July. I couldn't get anymore specific information.

So if VDJ 4 does in fact ship when Numark's Virtual Vinyl does, expect to see it no earlier than in about 3 weeks, and [hopefully] no more than 7 weeks.

I'm hoping that VDJ 4 is released for both Mac and pc at the same time. I don't see why it wouldn't. I would assume that [like Final Scratch] it would be a single installation cd with both versions on it.

geposted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 3:13 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)