Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Question about Change PC / Database copying

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have a new question about change PC without lose all my cues, in particular.
I know that i have to copy VDJ Database.xml on the new pc.
But the problem is: my song in my pc are in a folder on the desktop, so its C:\\Documents and Settings\My Windows Username\My folder.
But the problem is: in the new pc i haven't the same Username because my pc seller used a different name installing it, and even if i change the name on the windows user the name of the folder doesn't change, so it's different the location of the file! And about create a new user it's a bigger problem cuz i have installed 30 GB ogf programs that i can't use in the new account.
There is a possibility to don't lose all the cues etc...?
The only i think is to create a new user with the same name of the old AND USE IT ONLY FOR VDJ, but it's bad.

Please help me out!

geposted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 9:19 pm
It doesn't matter where the music is located.

geposted Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 9:28 pm
Are you sure? A guide i found said: "...if you backup your mp3database.txt, VirtualDJ Database.xml and shortcuts.xml under VDj working folder (default is C:\program files\VirtualDj ) and transfer your songs with the same subfolders to your new laptop..."

geposted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 10:16 am
For the search facility to work the files need to be in the right location, but for queues etc it doesn't matter. If you cannot get the files to be in the same location, then manually edit mp3database.txt with notepad and use find and replace.

geposted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 10:31 am
The mp3database.txt doesn't exist either in VDJ folder either in all my HD <.<

geposted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 7:46 pm
Then you have never added a folder to the search directory before, you have nothing to worry about for what you want to do. Be sure to add your Virtual DJ serial number to your profile to let other users know you are registered.

geposted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 7:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)