Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Help, Rnb/Black Playlist!!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi guys, i`ve got a geek in a club, the problem is, i will have to play Black/RnB, and my Playlist in this genre is very poor, i usually play Techo, Trance, i need your help guys, could please post some popular RnB/Black Playlists....

Thanks!

geposted Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 12:59 am

geposted Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 3:35 am
@ dj maddsound... Thanks, but there is not much too find under that link, but thanks anyway... Well, have you ever been to Austria? Here we call Black music, styles like Hiphop, Rap, Soul,....

geposted Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 9:50 pm
Pasha, while I understand that where you are from it is an acceptable thing, but in a lot of places in the world it is very offensive to make remarks like that. As for myself, I am not a black American, but a Puerto Rican. But in the USA you would offend many people of all colors with that comment. So while I hope that you didn't take my correcting you as reproach, but just admonistation as to the feelings of others on this Forum. Remember that this is a world wide Forum.

But to set the record straight, I don't think that you were being racist. I just wanted to point that out as to not offend our Beautiful Black DJs. :)

Try this link. It is a Radio station here in Chicago that plays all the top Hip Hop and R&B.
http://www.b96.com/index.php?go=music_playlist

MS

geposted Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 3:39 am
Thanks Madsound, you have a African-American DJ right here, so I appreciate your last post. If you guys are looking for more hip-hop R&B playlists you can also check....

www.wcgi.com
www.power92chicago.com

geposted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 10:20 pm
We have black music in the UK, it's not politically correct but the artists won't let us forget about it, even the BBC's station 1Xtra - "new black music" it's advertised as.

Then there's the Mobo's, Music of Black Origin so it's quite acceptable over here for there to be black music. Rap, Hip-Hop, RnB, Grime.

For charts, check out www.billboard.com it shows the top 100 US charts, you can browse by genre so it should help you out, although they may get bored unless you throw some underground stuff in there too.

geposted Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 9:35 pm
Wow!! Amazing!!! I guess that here in the US we are so sensitive and politically correct that I forget that it is not that way in many parts of the world. And I thought that my Black Brothers have come so far in the US, but not too far around the world.

I wonder why we don't see ads saying, "Here are the top 10 new white songs. Or here are the new yellow songs."

We as a world have so much growing up to do...

MS

geposted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 3:24 am
Here's a link to the BBC 1Xtra page, as you can see, it's clearly advertised as 'New Black Music' and the BBC is a major media force in the UK and I'm sure you get them in America too.

DJ Pasha, you can check out (and listen to) some of the DJ's playlists from this website for ideas but I don't know how much tastes differ from the UK and the US.

Tim Westwood is our biggest representative of black music on commercial radio in the UK (even though he's white, which suggests how multicultural we are in a way) although most people actually hate him!

Some UK Grime may also work well in your set, but I don't like most of it, it's a growing scene but mainly appeals to the youths living on council estates trying to be gangster. Some of it is well produced though.

geposted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 12:39 pm
Like Maddsound, I'm pretty suprised by the term 'black' music, especially since I there is a growing trend of R&B sounding 'white' groups. Along with a lot of multicultured hip-hop performers. Seems like it will sound very dated soon.

geposted Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 10:42 pm
Hi guys, first of all thanks to Andrew87 and DJ Maddsound for the playlists, they really helped me, thanks guys ;-) Well i dont think the term "black music" has any racsist background here in Europe, as Andrew87 said, here are many African-European DJs who also call it black music, i actually cant really tell you where this term came from and why, but i really dont think it has anything to do with raccism, and i really would have nothing against the term "white music"... :-)

Greetz, Pasha.

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 12:39 am
@ Pasha and Andrew87
Please don't think that I am calling you racist. Not in any way. I do not know either of you and you both have my respect. I just didn't know that there was music catorgorized as called "Black Music". I have seen in the French Forum that many refer to Hip Hop and R&B as "Black Music". No hard feelings. I guess that I have learned something new today. I don't agree, but thank you for sharing your culture with me.

Derricke peace out!!!
MS

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 1:45 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Oooh it doesn't take much to stir up the politically correct brigade on here does it? Don't feel that you should be offended on behalf of someone else... ;-)

I take your point though, it seems odd to label certain genres as "black" when you consider that just about every genre of popular music has "black" origins!

geposted Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 6:52 pm
Gentlemen, I do not want to stir the pot up any more then I have to. This is a world wide forum, and as an African-American, I have not felt the sting of racism as long as I have been here. We are all DJs, and I feel as if I would be welcomed in any one of your DJ booths. All would be welcomed in mine. Most of us don't know or care what each others nationality is. I mean, I "assume" that DJ from Norway, is Norwegian, but I could be mistaken. He could be a German female, living in Sweden. The point is I don't care, and show him respect as a human being. As in most of the world, conflicts arise from lack of understanding. Unless you have walked in a mans shoes, you can not truly understand where he has been. I felt a little sting from the term "black music", but felt the person saying it, did not mean any harm by it. It is obvious that that term is accepted in Europe, but that is because we live in two different cultures. There are a lot of African-Europeans there, but that is not the same as African-Americans. We have different histories and cultures. I don't fully get the Irish fighting each other. I have read the history, but can not fully understand it. I can not fully grasp the Jewish and Palestinian situation. I know the history, and get two different stories when ever I talk to either of them. The real deal is, I don't have to understand, I just have to respect them both. I don't expect the Europeans to fully understand what I have gone through, just respect me and my history. You can expect nothing less from me. I have been here awhile, and believe I walk the way I talk. As I said in the beginning of this post, I did not feel the author was being racist, just a lack of understanding. Trust me, I know the difference. And now, back to the music.

geposted Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 11:27 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
....... I mean, I "assume" that DJ from Norway, is Norwegian, but I could be mistaken. He could be a German female, living in Sweden..

LOOOOL ;) thats funny.. sorry.. I had to laugh out loud when I read that;) hehe

But totally agree with the rest of your points, well said.
I lived in USA for a year... and can understand that "black music" can be offensive..

But as most have said, dont think the original poster meant it like that either :)

geposted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 12:55 am
dj maddsound wrote :
if you are looking for BLACK music then you have a HUGE problem as there is no BLACK music!

Yes there is. Black music is a perfectly acceptable term, but it isn' what he's looking for. Black music is more used for soul/disco and some house too. The only people who will tell you that "Black Music" is a racist team are white folk who like to jump on anything they thing can be classed as politically incorrect. Check the links below for more info...

http://www.black-music-collectors.com/index_us.htm

http://www.zeiger.franken.de/index.html

But please don't say people like Tim Westwood play Black Music. He plays Hip-hop, a completely different genre.

geposted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 11:57 am
Well im not African American African European or anything Im Maori but why do we use the term African followed by American Or European . Cant you call them American or European they are the same as Americans and Europeans just there ancestors come from Africa . Just a thought and Black music? whats up i know you may call it that but why not Rap or Hip Hop, there are many white rappers like white boy , eminem , vinilla ice etc should we start calling it white music now? or is it because Dark skinned people started the music like Run DMC Suger Hill Gang . Why cant people stick to its proper title which is Rap/Hip Hop.

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 7:03 am
secretsoul wrote :
But please don't say people like Tim Westwood play Black Music. He plays Hip-hop, a completely different genre.

True, it is rather sterotypical to have said that, but it is recognised that he plays urban music, and that is usually stereotyped as being black music. The BBC try to promote similar sounds with their DAB 1Xtra station.

But just to show the cultural gap between Europe and America, here is a recent Sony advert; note that it has been released in amsterdam which is generally considered to be very relaxed with just about everything.

Both pictures go to their sources.

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 5:49 am

geposted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 8:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)