Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCCD - Cue points

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm a little confused about how cue points work with TCCD's... Can you use the CD player's cue buttons? In that case, you'd still need to set it every time you listen to a track right? Or does the CD player somehow get information from VDJ about which track is playing, and "remember" where the cue is set? Or, if you set cue points in VDJ, is there a way to "tell" the CD player to go to those cue points? Doesn't seem like that would be possible, or is it? Just wondering how the communication back and forth between VDJ and the CD player is managed exactly, not sure how it would work...

geposted Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 10:47 pm
30 reads, and nobody has an answer to this question? Are you serious? Seems like a pretty basic issue... please if anyone knows how cueing works with TCCD please explain or direct me to a thread that explains it, cuz I can't find any... Thanks!

geposted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 4:05 pm
Hi,

I am a TCV user but I think this is the same for both of us. Cue points cant be kept in memory on the turntables. I tried with a hybrid and it didnt work. You must cue in the songs in VDJ and recall them with the software.

Hope this helped.
Karlo.

geposted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 4:12 pm
Thanks for the reply... Yes, I don't think the cue buttons on the CD player would work, since I'd be using a time-coded CD, and the CD player would have no way of knowing which track is playing from VDJ...

But how do you go to a cue point that is set within VDJ? Since the CD players are only sending output to the computer, how would the CD player "know" where to go when you want to jump to a cue point set in VDJ? Seems impossible, but I've heard people such as dj-in-norway talk about how you *can* use cueing with TCCD! I just don't understand how that works -- can someone please explain? Thanks!

geposted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 5:32 pm
I think that its part of the coding... same thing as if you enable a loop, the tccd will compensate for the time the loop was active. Well its the same for cues I think. It can compensate for what you skipped to get to your cue point. I dont know if Im really clear, but anyways.

Karlo.

geposted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 6:59 pm
The cue points on the CD player should work because it will simply skip to that part of the CD and VDJ will notice that the position has changed and will jump to the appropriate position.

However, you must set the cue points up each time manually using the CD player. It cannot access cue points stored in VDJ (You will need to use keyboard shortcuts, MIDI controller, etc. to jump to these) and if it has the ability to save cue points, this will not work because you will always be playing the same CD (The timecode one) for each song.

geposted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 7:15 pm
Hey guys, thanks for the responses, I appreciate it! So yes, sounds like to use the CD player's cue features, you'd need to set it each time manually, and not be able to use the ones stored in the CD player's memory, since as you said, you'd always be using the same CD (the time-coded one). That's fine, no big deal...

But okay, how about using keyboard shortcuts or MIDI commands to jump to a cue point stored in VDJ? I have a MIDI-enabled mixer (Ecler Nuo4), so it's easy enough to make a button jump to a cue point -- in fact, I already have that programmed in... But if you jump to that point, then hit "play" on the CD player will the music continue to play normally from that point? I'd be worried that the CD player would send back a timecode saying that it's at the beginning of a track, and VDJ would interpret that as going back to the beginning of the track again... But perhaps it just continues from the cue point as if that were the beginning of the track?

geposted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 8:21 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

geposted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 9:11 pm
Okay that helps a lot, although still a bit confusing... Let me see if I have this right:

If you jump to a point on the TCCD that is 1 minute forward, VDJ's "smart cue" feature will interpret that as going to Cue 1? And 3 minutes forward, VDJ will interpret as going to Cue 2?

Pretty cool, that is pretty "smart" I have to say :) So in a way, the CD player can communicate with VDJ to tell it to go to a cue, but not by using the CD player's regular cueing buttons.

I'd like to be able to just hit a button on the CD player to go directly to the 1st cue, without having to switch tracks on the TCCD, since this will take that extra bit of time that would be annoying during a live mix... CD decks aren't necessarily made to jump to 1 minute or 3 minutes into a track by default. Which decks can be configured to do this? I'm debating between the Denon 3500 or Pioneer CDJ-800 -- do either or both of these decks have buttons that can be programmed to tell the CD player to jump to 1 or 3 minutes into the track? Sorry for all the questions, but I really need to know how all this works before I shell out over $1000 for a pair of CD decks! :)

geposted Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 9:39 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
something like hot cues in cd-player should do the trick.
I'm not sure if cdj800 have hot cues and how good it works, i have to check.

geposted Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 3:24 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)