Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Change a track using timecoded vinyl?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

JiggSawHome userMember since 2005
Is is possible to change a song using timecoded vinyl or do I need to use my mouse?

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 9:12 pm
joetmenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you use a playlist, with some songs in order to playing, you have only to wait for the end of the first song and, then, the following song will load automatically!
but, I think that the mouse is essential!!

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 9:30 pm
Ok, thanks. I think thats the edge where SSL has VDJ beat. You can change tracks with the timecoded vinyl in SSL.

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 10:04 pm
JiggSaw wrote :
Is is possible to change a song using timecoded vinyl or do I need to use my mouse?
afaik Serato is the only software which has this feature..

for those who wonder: The serator vinyl has a special track which you can use to browse the recordcase and select a track, this is a rather cool feature as it means you need not touch the computer at all.. Guess it's one more reason why it's the top of the class it it's field..

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 10:05 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Not For long ;)

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 11:07 pm
Nice, will we need new TCV when this is implemented? No worries if you're not allowed to say, it's exciting enough to know we'll have it. But I need a new pair, as my current ones are kinda dodgy (one side won't hold its pitch) so I'm hesitant whether I should buy now or wait a while.

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 11:12 pm
I have a bad side too on mine, both of them. It would be very nice to have a new TCV with version 4.0.

geposted Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 11:50 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
Not For long ;)

Not for long what? Serato being top of the class or VDJ having track select using vinyl .. :)

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 1:18 am
@Jigsaw. Fine, Serato has that feature, and VDJ will have that soon, but think about all the other features VDJ has, There're tons more compared to Serato.

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 2:03 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@paulheu, its the second part of the answer,... and btw mixvibes also has this, serato is not the only one..

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 2:28 am
you know what I hate...

being teased by anyone who knows what is going on about the new features and any idea of a release date...

almost as bad as a big brother holding you down and sticking there finger inches away from you and saying, "I'm not touching you!!!"

----------------

I have a friend who has serato scratch live and to be honest I was about to buy it until I came across virtual DJ. Although Serato has the timecode vinyl market right now I know for many reasons that VDJ has so many more features that blow everyone away that make it worth it. Also the fact of an active support system that is involved what we the customers say about our experiences with the product and open to suggestions. Can't beat it!!!

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 4:33 am
I wasn't really comparing features side by side, but selecting tracks with vinyl is what I "must" have. I can't... I mean I refuse to spin with my tables, then use my mouse to select the next song. Didn't know VDJ was implementing this soon. Also didn't know mixvibes already supported this. Thanks for everyone's input. Now I have decisions to make.

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 6:48 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The good with virtual dj is that you can totally forget about the mouse if you spend some time to create your keyboard shortcuts. There is not the same flexibility with other programs.
You can assign anything there.
I have a new system in a case without a mouse...
I can use this alone or with a controller or tcv/tccd and i don't even need a mouse.

geposted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 2:22 am
Me too, I never touch my mouse. That feature would be useful but at the same time I don't need it. Shortcuts man.

geposted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 2:58 am
JiggSaw wrote :
I mean I refuse to spin with my tables, then use my mouse to select the next song.

Why? Does the music sound different if you use the mouse? Or are you simply worried that you won't look as cool?

People need to get over this whole "I wouldn't wanna see a dj who uses a laptop" issue. Djing is about the music, not about looking good.

geposted Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 3:31 pm
"Does the music sound different if you use the mouse?"
No silly... if you are NOT using the mouse it is easier to have your hands where you need them the most. The mixer, turntable and women.

I am trying to be less dependant on using a mouse. Keyboard is needed for specific song searches though

I just got the Ecler Nou 4 mixer. The midi feature are insane!! I have one of my knobs scroll the music and when I push it in as a button it selects it to which ever deck is selected. Totally Rocks!!

geposted Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 3:44 am
low-fat-al wrote :
"Does the music sound different if you use the mouse?"
No silly... if you are NOT using the mouse it is easier to have your hands where you need them the most. The mixer, turntable and women.

I am trying to be less dependant on using a mouse. Keyboard is needed for specific song searches though

Fair enough, I'm not disputing that it would be nice to not have to use the mouse, but refusing...? Seem's like he'll be losing out on a lot of features, and also paying a hell of a lot more just to not have to use a mouse.

geposted Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 10:43 am
I don't really see how using a mouse is any worse than searching through a record crate.

geposted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 12:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)