Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Puzzled

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

There's something I don't understand. I have two songs stored in a folder. I'm gonna write them exactly like i've stored them. One is called LuLuLu-Smash Riddim. The second is called Dutty Wine-Smash Riddim. When I type smash in the search box, it only finds the first song. Why?

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:45 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Did you add to data base both songs?

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:48 am
I don't remember ever doing that with any songs. Am I supposed so to do that? And what exactly does it do? I don't wanna do something I don't understand and end up having duplicate files.

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 5:40 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1. it could be a format VDj doesn't read
2. it isnt in the search database yet (right click Local database and select scan hard drive)
3. maybe it isn't spelled correct or the song has underlines instead of spaces (in which case u have to type the underlines) but it shows normal

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 5:49 pm
Are you sure about the way they are listed? The spaces are the same, etc? Do they show if you type Riddim?

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 9:11 pm
If I type riddim, it's gonna give me all the riddims I have, while during a set at a specific time i might just be looking for smash riddim. I added my whole music folder to my search database but nothing changed. I use itunes to edit my songs. I've noticed in VDJ if i decide to rename a song, there's Title, Author and Filename. In itunes, I just put in Name and Artist.????? What version or type of ID3 Tag does VDJ use. Cuase itunes is ID3 Tag is v2.2

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 10:02 pm
What I'm asking is if that song, the one you are looking for, shows up if you type Riddim. If it does, then there is a difference between the way they are named. I don't know what itunes uses, and don't care. I am not using itunes to do my shows.

geposted Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 11:20 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i get that alot, it doesnt like to find some sonfs even tho i car see the name in the box and on the details

geposted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 1:43 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yeah I've found the search doesnt pick up some songs properly. It may be in the database but you have to type in a different search like riddim. Bug?

geposted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 2:54 am
I can't figure it out so i've decided to rename any song I come across that's not showing in the database. ;)

geposted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 6:26 am
I think, when you type Search, it just lists the songs, rather than the artist. To look for a specific artist, list everything up, sort by Artist and it will list anything you have alphabetically by artist.

The drawback being that, if the artist you are looking for is half way through or near the end of the alphabet, it may be difficult to find - it actually says "Composer" rather than "Artist". Also, unless you put the surname first, in the case of singers rather than groups, it'll put Paul McCartney under P, as opposed to M and groups with The or A(n) in their name under T or A. Thing is, it doesn't look right on a computer screen - though it works well with my media player (a Sony).

geposted Fri 23 Jun 06 @ 11:08 am
I'm having the same problem, and I figured out why they are not showing up, but I can't figure out an easy way to fix it.
For example: If I do a search for specific artist, only 2 songs will show up, even though I know that I have 20+ songs by that artist in my database. If I scroll down my main folder, I'll find every song that I have by that artist, so I did some digging to find out why.
Pick a song that shows up when you do your search, and right click on it, click on rename, and you'll notice that the term that you used to search (whether it be artist name or song title) will be in the filename, as well as the artist and title field. If you don't search for something that is specifically listed in that filename, it will not show up on your search, even though it's correctly tagged by artist, and title.
Any plans on fixing this?

geposted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:36 pm
SEARCH database and files analyzed in folder are TWO different things;)

you can CHOOSE what folders you want to include in the SEARCH database, or what to NOT include.

So, right click the folders in use, and choose ADD TO SEARCH DATABASE ;)

Thats will fix it;)

or should... (if there is not a bug in renamed files that have a different actual file name)

geposted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:40 pm
I just tried that, with no difference in the search results. If I load the folder that contains all of my music, I can scroll down and find it, but if I search for it, it will not find it unless the search term is in the filename.

geposted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:55 pm
Maybe, jou simply should scan your drives:
VDJ (4)->Select local database in the browser->right click->Scan HD->Select your drives->OK
Ewout

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:01 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Seconded, I rescan my music drive before the start of every gig, as I've usually added a few tunes during the course of the week. Had no problem with searches so far...

*cough* still reckon the local database search should be available all the time though, rather than having to scroll up to "local database" every time i want to look for something.... sorry, going off topic, i'll shut up now! ;-)

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 3:30 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
just program any key to the 'search' function and it will take you straight to the local database search

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 3:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)