Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Tools? Maybe!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys! I'm quite busy at the moment with other plugin projects, but I was wondering about making a skin maker. I've already thought about a way to do it, someone could be pleased. However, there won't be a skin importer, just an exporter, so you can only make NEW skins with it. However, I think hand-made things are better, but it's for n00bs who don't have time to spend to find the right coords, and remember that bitmap are imported from external files!!!

geposted Sun 25 Jun 06 @ 8:48 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I was thinking of the same thing actually!

A project like this could get pretty complex, but at least something that could show you your bitmap file, and overlay the buttons onto the screen.

You could draw boxes with the mouse, and click and select options for the controls. I guess it'd be a bit like using the visual studio programming languages or such. This would probably make skin design much much faster.

Also, you could do something like select a bunch of controls on the skin and move them all over to the left at once, so that you could easily stretch the skin out for a larger resolution, and add more controls in the space left over.

I'd certainly be interested in seeing a project like this if you're up for it.

geposted Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 9:46 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm sorry, other people who don't dela with VDJ gave me other work to do, and I think I won't have enough time to make it. I'm sorry, but I think I will be too busy also for other plugins...

geposted Mon 26 Jun 06 @ 2:10 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hmm... maybe it's something I can work on in the distant future. Right now I'm probably not a good enough programmer to get very far though.

It'd be nice if Atomix made something like this... It would encourage more people to write skins, which might encourage more people to use VirtualDJ.

geposted Tue 27 Jun 06 @ 8:31 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Yes but it would mean less time to develop VirtualDJ during a while too ;-)

geposted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 12:56 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There was a similar SkinMaker project by Dj Jak. No idea what happend to it - but I guess guy got out of time and it baceme a too complicated free-time project.

geposted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 4:41 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)