Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: See if you can solve this one!!! [Solved]

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

OK...I finally got everything set up and I use an external mixer...however...when listening to tracks, it seems like the input is too much and I have to turn down the gain to -20 or things distort BAD!...I also have to turn the bass down in VDJ all the way...is there a way to bypass the VDJ EQ all toghether or is there an option I'm missing somewhere?

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 2:44 am
no one knows what might be happening?

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 4:56 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Apologies if this sounds patronising, but I thought I'd check the obvious first - you're not using the PHONO inputs on your mixer to hook up to VDJ are you? Phono channels amplify the signal a lot more than normal line channels, which would cause the kind of distortion you're talking about...

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 6:05 am
No not at all...I think you might be right...Its late so I will check it tomorrow but I think its going to work...I will run them into the cd line...I have had this problem in the past when I hooked some vcr stuff wrong and used the phono line in...Thanks so much for your feed back...I'm almost positive this will work...
Chers!

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 6:39 am
djsherz, that was a good look if that is the case. mmiller, you have a good attitude. You were willing to give his idea a look. Let us know how this works out.

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 8:26 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys...:o)

I had this exact problem myself when I got my first mixer. I had no idea about phono/cd lines and what have you...was too impatient and just wanted it to work! Set it up wrongly at a gig as well and the sound started going absolutely nuts...and I had no idea how to sort it...embarassing to say the least.

To be honest i probably still don't know...but i've got wee labels stuck onto the back of the mixer to show me exactly where to put everything in case anything goes wrong...and now that it's all gig-rigged, i don't even need to worry about it as i never need to unplug anything - i love it!

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 4:23 pm
Yep!!! That was it...all works perfect now...Thanks so much for all the help!!!
Chers,
Mike

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 4:35 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hehe...glad you got it sorted...:o)

P

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 4:37 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
No probs, glad to be of help - have fun! ;-)

geposted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 8:10 pm
And on a final note...I laid down my first set with this program and this program, kicks ass!!!! I'm an already good dj, now I'm even better and having more fun than ever because of all the looping and sampling that’s available!!! Buy it folks! It's worth it!

geposted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:37 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)