Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: add video decoders?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

2501PRO InfinityMember since 2005
if I want to be able to play quicktime (.mov) videos, how can I add a decoder so that VDJ will recognise them?

also, i have many mpeg files that are .m2v, how can I tell VDJ to see these and play them?

Thanks

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 1:41 am
go to extensions, click on add then just write the extension you want to add (.mov) in this case, and select windows media player decoder,although I guess this extension is already in vdj decoder, anyway do the same with the other extension.
PD: don't forget to get all the appropriate codecs installed, regards.

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 1:59 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
if u installed the codec from those files for windows media player...have them open with that, otherwise
you can't add something else for them to open with (ie. another program)

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 3:40 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You will need to buy the Quicktme codec from Apple. You may think that you already have the codec installed but you have to realize that when you currently view Quicktime videos, you are probably doing so through a Quicktime application (i.e. Quicktime viewer.) The codec allows other apps (i.e. Windows Media, VDJ, Ralph's Video Viewer) to be able to decode (and therefore display) the AV stream encoded in the file. In the case of Quicktime Viewer, the codec is built into the program and not made available to other applications.

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 8:05 pm
I really dislike quicktime and realplayer. Quicktime Alternative and Real Alternative are free, video for windows codecs which should work in virtualdj (windows media setting) just fine.

geposted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 8:36 pm
yes, and now you can install itunes as well.

geposted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 1:07 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
thats some usefull info frd1963 , I didn't realize that

geposted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 1:48 am
I've just tried quicktime (alternative / pro) video in Virtual DJ and it doesn't work... directshow video filters do not seem to work with virtualdj (which is what quicktime alternative installs), I think video for windows codec are required instead - but I'm not sure these exist.

geposted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 4:19 am
2501PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well, it turned out all I needed to do was to add the extensions properly. I put in .m2v and .mov instead of just m2v and mov. once i fixed that, and just told it to use "video decoder" for both, it plays fine.

personally Quicktime is my favourite because files scrub forward and backward very smoothly. with wmv and mpeg files I always feel they're a bit clunky. though, within VDJ they all seem to play nicely.

geposted Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 8:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)