Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NOOB Question!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djroofaHome userMember since 2006
Ok guys, need a little insight. I am a regular DJ (a mixer, two needles, 2 1200s and a shitful of records). I am very interested in this product after researching over the "FINAL SCRATCH" and Rane "Serato". So here is what i got so far. You get Virtual DJ and a sound card of some sort. I was looking at the Behringer BCD-2000 (new Virtual DJ is suppposely going to support it right?). Now is here is the question. With other Dj products like Final Scratch and Serato, you can use the TCV records as well as spin normal ones. I want to do this.. however looking at the diagram and mechanicals of the secondary sound unit, it does not have enough RCA outs like in final scartch and serato. How is the connections supposely implace for the use of the DJ mixer?? Information would be much appreciated. Peace.

geposted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 3:06 am
hi,

I don't use tcv, but i'm sure you can use normal records as well by using a splitter cable out of you decks, so you can connect to the soundcard input (for tcv) and straight to your mixer (for normal records) at the same time. I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong :)

geposted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 1:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Now I am not a BCD-2000 user and don't know much about it - but from what I see I would use the BCD-2000 as an alternative to a SoundCard/Controller combination like the Herc Controller. If you are serious about doing TCV work with VDJ, then I would stick with a traditional mixer and simply use an external sound card (Maya44 if you can find on, or the Ego Systems U46DJ) to interface with your computer. From there the rest of your answer can be found Help / User Guide menu options at the top of this site.

geposted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 3:45 pm
Do not get the BCD, especially if you mainly want to use it as a soundcard. I'd say it's ok to use as a controller but even then you'd need a better audio interface as it's not stable enough for live performances.
Like cstoll said, if you're VDJ with time coded vinyl's or cds (as a cheaper alternative to serato or final scratch, like i am) then get yourself the ESI U46DJ.

geposted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 6:58 pm
VDJ is only cheaper if you use a cheap audio interface. As soon as you use anything close to the quality of the Serato hardware (and trust me the ESI unit does not even come close) you're probably gonna pay more. IMO if someone is looking for a way to replace his records with a laptop/HD Serato rules supreme..

If you want bells and whistles VDJ might be an option.. But then again, until V4 arrives (and delivers on what is rumored to be major improvements in audio quality and TCV support) there's better solutions which use TCV (and cost way less).

geposted Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 11:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)