Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can I lock the config menu?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

nrgdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I constantly have my DJ's messing with the config on the program. Doing things like turning on hardware acceleration in the video setup and other things. I would really like to lock the config menu so they cant mess with things. Is there a way to do this, or is a patch planned for this in the future?

geposted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 4:24 am
I don't know if there is a way, or will be in the future. But, how about this, " if you mess with the config, you will be out of a job".

geposted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 8:39 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
By the way.. isn't VDJ just for one person? If you have only one licence??

You can install it on many PCs as far as you are the only user. But what about instaling it only on 1 PC and mny users are using it?

Ok, maybe function to SAVE PREFERENCES would be useful :)

geposted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 8:47 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not possible and probably won't be implemented, because such cases aren't predicted for per-user licences, unless the owner has a double personality.

A work-around would be to hide (e.g. making it 2×2 pixels in size, hiding it under a pannel etc.) or removing the config button on your skin's .xml & .bmp, and remove the shortcut for quick keyboard access (if present).

Regards.

geposted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 9:41 am
nrgdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have a computer that runs the Virtual DJ program in a sakating rink, Thus many DJ's touch the one PC running the One Program. OKAY! WHat program do I use to edit the skin?

geposted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 7:00 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
<button action="settings">
<size width="49" height="15"/>
<pos x="869" y="3"/>
<selected x="869" y="1200"/>
</button>

just find that and remove it from <button to </button>

save it on notepad somewhere so when u need it, add it back

geposted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 8:31 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
That's a good idea....

geposted Mon 07 Aug 06 @ 10:48 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If i were you i would first do this:

Make a Keyboard shortcut for settings: ctrl+alt+Escape

I don't think anybody would use this shortcut anyway, so nobody will get access to the settings.

Then Make a copy of the skin you are using on that computer, and name the skin: noconfig.xml noconfig.bmp.

Then delete the code explained above.

That way when you will want to access to the config hit the shortcut, and if you need to have the button on the skin again then go back to the original skin.

geposted Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 6:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)