Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is this CRASH normal!?!?!?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Okay, I just noticed this when I'm using my TCV's and VDJ today - Okay heres the senario -

I have BOTH records (TCVs) SPINNING on my turntables and a song playing on ONLY one of the TTs. I want to mix in the next song now... So I go to vdj and try to upload a track on the other TCV that's just spinning. And the program CRASHES ON ME!!! WTF! This happens everytime now, I've never noticed this happen before!! What can it be, is this normal??????

I use the maya44 soundcard could it be a problem w/ this?

P.S. This doesn't happen when I upload the next track on the TCV if it's NOT SPINNING. But, Who knows I could accidently forget to stop the TCV b4 each track when I'm mixing in a live show and the program will crash on me! Can you guys test this out...let me know if you can load your next track in a mix while both your TCVs are SPINNING...

geposted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 10:08 pm
Uploading a track to a spinning turntable sounds a bit dangerous, might be a bug here...

Maybe someone else with TC can verify?

geposted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 10:11 pm
I only get a skip when doing this rather than a crash but it's because I have timecode set to Absolute. You shouldn't load a track when you have that decks timecode playing though!

geposted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 10:36 pm
It seem a little dangerous to me as well. I will try it as well. What is happening is that you drag the song to the deck, it will try to play right away on the point where the vinyl is (for example on 5 minutes). What will happen if the song is only 4 minutes?
Maybe a good solution could be implemented in VDJ: If the vinyl is playing and a new song is loaded, the track will not play, until you stop and start your turntable or cd player.
Ewout

geposted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 10:44 pm
clore46PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same problem with tccd's. I just make sure i put my timecode back to the beginning (and make sure its stopped) after im done with that particular side. I do wish vdj could do somthing about it though. It has caught me a few times and usually just skips the track for about 2-3 seconds but that is an awful long moment of silence

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 1:49 am
okay thanks guys! i was just a lil worried about that. but sounds like it can happen to anybody...and not just me :) ..thanks again!

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 2:31 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Having some sound drops when effects are activated.
Like an edit, never skips a beat, just momentary silence.

I noticed this on my desktop at work today, every now and then it drops out.

Not the case with vv, just since cue.

geposted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 2:43 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)