Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A common topic for news about Version 4 !!! - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I'm just hoping for some improvements in Master Tempo. No more missing bass beats?

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 4:37 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 5:50 am
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Brand new user just paid for and downloaded ver 3.4x this past weekend, please advise that ver 4 will be provided at NO EXTRA charge!

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:04 am
djtops wrote :
please advise that ver 4 will be provided at NO EXTRA charge!

Yes, it will be free for all users. That is why I have paid for 3.4 recently before the price increase.

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:07 am
halo_djk wrote :
I'm just hoping for some improvements in Master Tempo. No more missing bass beats?

With the new audio engine, the Master Tempo and Time Stretching has been improved, but I don't know to what extent.

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:10 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
GargantulaKon wrote :
halo_djk wrote :

With the new audio engine, the Master Tempo and Time Stretching has been improved, but I don't know to what extent.

Go back to the picture and look real close... I'll give you a hint - it's reall popular with Numark products... it's not obvious really look around at both decks.

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 6:58 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Is it keylock? Isn't that the same thing as Timestretch?

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 7:01 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ-ALF wrote :
Is it keylock? Isn't that the same thing as Timestretch?

Yes and No - it has been reworked and is nothing like before. Trust, wait and see.
Patience. Wish I could say more.

cstoll

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 7:16 am
can i use timecoded vinyl with a digidesign m box sound card?im tired of taking 400 records to the club every week please help.

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 7:19 am
For anyone who doesn't own a Numark turntable or CD player, Keylock is just like it sounds. You can 'lock' the key of the tune you are playing no matter what the tempo is. Kinda like Master Tempo but with a twist. As an example, if I pitch a song up let's say 2% then turn on Keylock, the song will stay at that pitch (or key) regardless of where the tempo slider is. Cool eh? If you are still not getting it, the key of the song can remain wherever I want it independant of the tempo.

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 7:36 am
Thanks cstoll, we will see soon, I hope!

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 8:00 am
fla69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
To all that have been beta testing V4 and other experienced users :

I have to do a big job in the weekend coming up and I was planning to have two systems (1 operational and a backup) of VDJ running what would you advise : 2 systems setup in V4 or 1 system V4 and the backup V3.4

My hardware : 2 PC + Hercules MP3 + BCD 2000

It would be a disaster if my system would go down for an audience of such an extend and having to use vinyl again.

Grtns, fla69

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 8:23 am
I suggest to use 3.4 at this weekend and leave V4 for home testing, that it is the way I will do it. No matter what are the improvments in V4, crash will not look good in the club, if occurs. Week or two of testing and everything is gonna be crystal clear, just keep visiting the forum to see if there are some issues that other people experienced. But VIP's say it is stable, we will see ;)

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 9:03 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Agree with DJ-ALF. Although v4 was fully tested it is possible to crash. After all there are a lot of new functions and settings and if you don't know how exactly to use, it is better to learn it before use it in public :)

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 9:38 am
Hey all, cant wait for this to be released! just wondering, with the new sound engine in v4 will that mean that there is better detection of the cbg's? is it worth re-analysing my song with v4? i dont really mind if i have to or not, just wondering because some of my songs have some strange cbg alignments and thought v4 mite correct them for me. thanks! and keep up all the good work guys/girls!!!

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 9:39 am
djderricke wrote :
For anyone who doesn't own a Numark turntable or CD player, Keylock is just like it sounds. You can 'lock' the key of the tune you are playing no matter what the tempo is. Kinda like Master Tempo but with a twist. As an example, if I pitch a song up let's say 2% then turn on Keylock, the song will stay at that pitch (or key) regardless of where the tempo slider is. Cool eh? If you are still not getting it, the key of the song can remain wherever I want it independant of the tempo.

ah, i nevere knew that. sounds like a fantastic idea!!

today??!! can't wait!

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 10:14 am
djyannnHome userMember since 2006
Hehe
i"m from mauritius..on 30 August a have a big party in a school,i will launch the virtual dj 4.0 theirr...i will test BCD2000 on that....will do a report and i will post the video on web..url soon

Goog job of staff virtual dj

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 10:23 am
chansyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi there,

does anybody know if you can sort the tracks in VDJ4 by creation date
or is it a skin problem???

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 11:50 am
Hi,

Will VDJ4 support flac files and flac id tags like some Numark last hardwares ?

:)

Olivier

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 1:45 pm
Dam counter on the first post. still 2 hours to go, that makes it midnight here before I can down load it..... Long night coming up I guess... Because it will be midnight here, and you European and US DJ's have all day to down load and play with V4, can you please not down load it until 1 hour after it goes on line so I can have a clear run without you guys overloading things???? LOL LOL LOL, No? did not think so

geposted Wed 23 Aug 06 @ 1:47 pm
28%