Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.0 lost Slideshow and Visualizations?!?!?!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
lol please keep calm otherwise you will have an heart attack ;-)

It's now video effects

geposted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:35 am
Sorry, I figured it out. I love the 4.0.

geposted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:43 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Okay, I'm sure that there are good reasons for re-implementing these features differently than they were before, but it seems to be a little less functional... unless I'm missing something.

Perhaps someone could help me with the following problems:

The old way, you could crossfade between your slideshow, or your visualization, and your video. Now you apparently can't... and you also have to turn it on and off manually.

You also apparently can't overlay text onto visualizations. I do like how you can easily switch it on and off, and change the size without a special dialogue though... that's an improvement. But what if you wanted to use it to overlay text onto a photo slideshow or visualization (since those are other effects?)
I guess with audio effects, you can now have more than one on at a time (very cool!) but apparently this doesn't carry over to Video FX.

geposted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:10 am
Hi,

i've just found a soluce.

By default when you install VirtualDJ, the checkbox in Video settings "decode while hidden" is checked.

I uncheck this and i uncheck "activate" video autput and check it again, i restart virtuald DJ, i go to the sonique effect (i've dowloaded some of them in www.virtualdj.com) and i activate the slideshow.

It's works sometimes and sometimes the effect disapear.

geposted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 8:24 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Okay, I guess you can have the sonique plugin, for example, automatically turn on by typing its name into the appropriate place. Still can't do a proper fade with it though... and you have to manually turn it off. (Maybe that can be improved, so that it will turn itself off as well).

edit:
Okay, I guess you *could* do a fade by starting it at almost 0 opacity (100% transparent), then moving the fader over. That seems like a lot of work though.

geposted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 9:21 am
I totally agree! I just posted this over on ProDJ.com, and was hoping someone here could tell me it was still possible....

"Got to playing with 4.0 last eve, and perhaps I'm missing the boat, but didn't 3.4 use visualizations when you weren't playing videos? I can't seem to get 4.0 to automatically do this. I must use the video effects transparency slider to make visuals active and over ride videos....

I would like to have them automatic so that if I go into an audio only track, I have some activity on the video screen.

Can anyone tell me I'm wrong, and point me in the right direction to make it work?"

IMO, this is a step backwards. What good is a blank screen if your running both video and audio....It isn't fun setting this up to mix between audio and video IMO...

Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool that I can "mix" the video and a visual with the transparency, but what about using a default visual if there is no video.

I haven't determined that it isn't possible to use visuals and text together yet. Have to look into that tonight.

Jeff Main
Musical Madness DJ Entertainment

geposted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 1:42 pm

geposted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:17 pm

geposted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)