Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 4 and MK2 - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mine still works fine lol

try a reinstall

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 12:41 am
If you're running the Hercules in Asio be sure to set the latency in VDJ to Auto, this is the only way I've been able to get it to work properly with TCV and I'd assume other external mixer setups too.

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:36 am
Hi,

i have the same problem with the DJ CONSOLE MK 2 - it worked fine in 3.4 and works still fine in Traktor DJ Studio 3.

If i am using my internal Soundcard, all works fine in v4.

I tried the tipps given in this thread, but it doesn't work for me - But you will figure it out soon, i am sure :)

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:30 am
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanks ktilak
for posting your settings on the headphones i couldent get mine to work on deck a and b but now there working fine meney thanks

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 12:48 pm
SiDHEaDPRO SubscriberMember since 2005
I too had the headphone "problem". I assume its now a case of manuall swapping the "headphone cueing" knob on the mixer, like traditional mixers - or is there another fix?

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:14 pm
MyzraelHome userMember since 2006
lol , any controllers that actually work in VDJ4.0?

I have a BCD but don't want to buy this program if it doesn't function as it should. I have the new demo of 4.0 (when it's released.....) allows me to test the whole program with just a time limit. Instead of the NO HEADPHONE output you have now in the 3.4 demo...

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 7:16 pm
I'm using the DJC Mp3 and I did a test mix yesterday. The console works OK, all the buttons and knobs perform thier function (I noticed that now when you put a deck in FX mode buttons 2 and 3 cycle through the effects and button #1 activates the chosen effect...NICE). Anyway there definitely is a problem because at a point in my mix when I was queing the next track all I heard in the headphones was static when I was using the jog wheel to find the cue point. Also I'm now listening to mix and it seems when the next track is coming (right at the start of the crossfade) there is also some static (not always though).

Also, which may not be related to the controller, the pitch seems to drift alot more than in the last version.

Otherwise a nice upgrade.

Peace,
DJ Mello

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:13 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
no problem!

glad the screenshot could come of use to someone out there in vdjland :)

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 11:41 pm
i tried those settings too ktilak....

but for some reason, it just does not seem to work.. it recognises the console and all but also assigns the headphone function to it as well.. so.. my problem is that under these settings, if i have loaded only one track and i play it, then my output is the same as my headphones, but the minute i load another song in, my output cuts out until i play that song... and i cant fix it thru the console but if i switch decks with the keyboard, output is back to the first song...

dunno what to do..

cheers

DJ Rudra

geposted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 11:24 am
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well go figure, I tried installing V4 again and the previous faults with the audio bleeding / cross contamination have gone on my MK2! not tried the MK1 yet .
The headphone setting suggested earlier also works on my set up.
The performace presets work, 1 click more towards the "Best Quality" gives better results.
The jog wheels seem slightly more senstive now.
Console setting is on WDM

Still, would like to see the "limiter" and the "time stretch off" included

Maybe the PC needed a reboot, the boot went on the PC and the foot went in my mouth.
Nice work guys.

geposted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:42 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Here is my Headphone problem :

With VDJ 3.4, my headphone is plug in front (headphone). When I select split on the headphone selection, I can listen to each deck : Playing deck to my left headphone ear, and other deck to my right headphone ear. When I select Mix, I listen to my mix (same as my speaker) and when I select Deck A or Deck B I listen to these specific deck. I also listen correctely my EQ setup.

Now with VDJ 4, Deck A and B didn't work (listen nothing), Mix selection working correctely, but Split work just like MIX selection and using only left ear.

If I use Headphone in setup, I cannot ear my EQ setings.

Can I have my headphone working like ver 3.4 ?

Thanks for your help !

Pascal

geposted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 3:57 pm
karagosPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I installed the new version in my notebook [2Ghz, 2GB RAM ] and works perfeclty using the settings i found above..
And yes the new audio engine rockz :-)

geposted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:59 am
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Time stretch disable is included!, it's just been moved and renamed "keylock" on the decks, far better way of accessing it, nice 1.

pcl73, my earphones work perfectly on MK2, try moving the switch left and right a couple of times
, EQ settings are not sent to the PFL.
Who needs earphones to mix with VDJ anyway?

geposted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:45 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
woodsy wrote :
Who needs earphones to mix with VDJ anyway?

It's the DJ task to listen if beat is perfect before send to dancer !

I read a lot of message in all forums and I didn't read any answer from Support Team for this one. I think we only want MK2 headphone work like it work in ver 3.4. This is the way is suppose to work : EQ effect in Headphones, PFL in right ear while output is in left ear when I select Split in Headphone selection.

Pascal

geposted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 10:38 pm
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just purchased a MK2 so I can still use VDJ when I travel but I am having the same exact problems with my headphones as pcl73.

problem:
headphone selector does not work on the mk2. the mix selection works fine, the split selector works like mix but only comes out of my left headphone. When I go to deck a or b on the headphone selector the tracks stop playing and no sound when I restart them. Add to this that i still havent been able to make sound come out of my speakers at all.

my machine:
2ghz athlon amd 64 chip
750 RAM.
I dont think its my lap top because it runs my TCCD on my denon 5000's with zero faults.

Things I've tried:
-loaded the latest drivers for the hercules
-reloaded VDJ 4.0.
-hercules is in wdm
-performance and sound set up is exactly as posted by ktilak

I am trying to use this as an alternative to my tccd setup so that I can travel light but am at wits end with trying to get this working.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Paisan

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 12:28 am
i don't really know what the feature does- but it does sound related..

on my mk2 setup (works great just like in 3.4) i have turned off the "auto headphones" option in the main options tab... try that?

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 2:46 am
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I finally got the hercules working somewhat correctly. I reloaded VDJ 3.4 and 4.0. Now all of the controls on the MK2 work but I can't figure out how to configure the VDJ sound options to use the sound card on the DJC. So I went back to the basic sound set up using a mono splitter from my lap top sound card and basically just use the DJC as a controller.

Paisan

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 3:30 pm
i fixed the other problem...it was my stupidity.. i put the speakers in the jack where the headphone output was so thats why it was acting funny and not recognising the actual headphone output....

anyway..fixed that, but now have a problem thats been doing the rounds..no eq on the headphones...and to those who think that we dont need headphones, i say...we can do without headphones, but we still need them for the PERFECT mix we all crave..

please lemme know if the auto headphone fix works for the eq prob...im away from home and cannot try it out..

cheers

DJ Rudra

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 7:15 pm
hm... i never got eq on my pfl headphones... even with 3.4

we were supposed to?! ahhhh thatd be great lol

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 10:41 pm
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

I've got DJ console MK1 and i did get the EQ's to work when headphone mixing(PFL) with VDJ 3.4 but with vdj 4 i can adjust the EQ's throught the headphones. for example if i kill BASS, TREB or MID it never gets killed when i listen through the headphones.

I've contacted customer service quite a few times with this problem and still havent got an answer from them. They usually always get back to me very quickly with a solution but, with this issue i havent been able to get any feed back at all!

If there's any experienced users or development team members on this forum at all who can help me out! PLEASE HELP! im back to using VDJ 3.4 but the sound and quite a few more things in VDJ 4 was way better. I didnt have any of the problems with crackiling sound etc, everything was fine except the EQ's when headphone mixing. I really hope ill get a solution and can start using version 4 again!

geposted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 4:53 pm
89%