Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problem with auto mixing [FIXED] - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Last night while doing a wedding, during the dinner music (the only time i use automixing usually). the auto mix was acting weird. I'd set up the playlist and set it for auto mix and then it would start a track on deck 1 and start loading on deck 2 (like it should) and almost every time it would jump the audio forward about 30 seconds(on deck 1 only) and then erase the song that just loaded into deck 2 and then load the next song from the list into deck 2.

I may be and probably am wrong, but could this be from the new Orange not-equal things? I would guess that it would have to scan through the database each time a song is loaded which would use up valuable resourses with each load. Perhaps we need to be able to turn that feature off..

geposted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 4:14 pm
LV21PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Same here, it jumps about 30 to 60 seconds ahead :-(

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 8:58 pm
I have the same problem, too. Player 2 loads the song from playlist. When it still is loaded the song in Player 1 jumps forward, the song in player 2 is lost and the next song in the list is still in Player 2.
It must be a software problem. Switching on lowest performance will not fix it. (So it is no performance problem). I hope it will fixed in next version of VDJ.

geposted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 2:55 pm
Same problem here in italy, i was at a wedding too (maybe the wedding causes the bug).

Deck load the song properly when the crossfade finish the transition the other deck, while playing, skip 30 seconds.

Hope in a fix soon

geposted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 5:15 pm
Yes, I have the same problem too :-(

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 11:23 am
DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Me Too.

->i Just thought that I was too stoned... he he he

TP

geposted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 7:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you tried to change the Settings to for atomix

by presing the BMP buttons next to the automix button

it needs to be configured to your personal desires

and you need to bost the fade time in the main settings window

i will post pictures if possible later

hope that helps:)

geposted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 12:59 am
I've got the same bug and I don't think that you can change it by configuring the fade-time etc. It's simply a software error.

Sorry, but I cannot imagine that the developers haven't seen it by testing the new version. I found the bug at once after testing it. They really should work better bevore publishing new versions.

Now I cannot work with the new version because I often automix videos and audio-files in my music-club.

Daniel Labs
www.boysnbeats.de

geposted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 8:57 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
what exactly is wrong with your fade time?

geposted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 4:45 pm
Try to set a list with videos and audio-files and start the auto-mix. when VDJ tries to fade between a video and an audio-file or otherwise the second deck jumps 30 seconds forward or it stops-

geposted Wed 11 Oct 06 @ 10:22 pm
I just upgraded to 4.1

I've noticed the same problem here with jumping into a song. This happens even if I am only using audio files. The only time I haven't seen it is if I set the fade length to zero which is not acceptable.

I'm trying to figure out how to set my auto-mix so it just does a simple crossfade lasting "x" seconds without using the automatic(?) fade entry and exit points. Is there any way to turn them off? I cannot find any mention of the entry/exit points in the pdf. I have tried with Forced Fade on/off and the fade type set to smooth/full with no success. I also have the auto-cue disabled.

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:37 pm
has anyone figured this problem out? When you set it to auto mix durring dinner at a wedding that's not going to fly!!!

geposted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 7:36 am
The only way automix works is to set force fade on and duration to "0". It will then play the entire track beginning to end and then start the next song and alternate between decks. This is the only way automix works. It will never do a proper crossfade with a duration until the developers fix it. They had decided long ago ,from what I was told, that automix was not a priority so it has remained basically non functional except for how I described for as long as I can remember. I use automix every weekend but I have to put up with a tiny bit of dead air. No different than someone playing a CD I guess, but, in my opinion it should work.

geposted Sun 15 Oct 06 @ 2:15 am
markj65PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have come across the same issue..
It is very random and is not related to one or another music style.

This error occurs when a song is playing on Deck 1 and you hit the end of the song and the
automix begins. Deck 2 starts playing nice and smooth the way ot should.
nice transiition into Deck 2 then as Deck 1 loads the next song in, the currently playing song on Deck 2 jumps randomly farther into the song from 10 to 40 seconds ahead.
Not a very nice transition.
I do not remember ever having this issue in version 3.4. It seems to be more frequent in version 4.1 upgrade.
This would truly suck at a wedding.. duing the bride and groom's first dance, one on the most memorable events at a wedding, and the music CHOKES and PUKES..!
Talk about not getting a reference or referals from that couple!

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 4:43 am
markj65PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I think I have a solution to this issue.
After hours of testing it, It appears to be with some of the latency settings.

So Far this has stopped the issue with it jumping ahead in the playing song while the next is loading.

In the CONFIG if you go to the PERFORMANCE tab,

I set my Latency to Fastest (all the way to the left)
Sound Card box is set to 1024 (23ms)

REMOVE SAFEMODE check

REMOVE OVERCLOCK check

Scratch is Optimized for Quality.
using SIMPLE ALGORITHM

BASIC INTERPOLATION selected.

MASTER TEMPO Fast.

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 5:13 am
Thanks, that seems to work. but however it's not the best sollution. They really should repair that bug with the next update.

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 11:53 am
azizanHome userMember since 2006
I yet have the same problem

geposted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 7:35 am
All I had to do to fix this problem was adjust the sound card latency to it's lowest setting.

geposted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 5:34 pm
God, you're a genius. That does indeed solve it. I spent hours last night trying to understand what the hell was going on. I'm new to VirtualDJ so I thought I was just stupid or something.

Thanks

geposted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 10:30 pm
Well, it happened again, 6 times this weekend (3 times Fri & 3 times Sat) before I took it off auto and mixed everything manually. I think I have tried every possible setting and cannot get this figured out. This is most definitely a bug, and one that is making me look very bad. I understand that VDJ is for the "mixing DJ", but there are not many choices available for us who want to do video. Automix is one of the features that I loved about VDJ. I could set my entry and exit points on a song and get perfect "radio style" mixes everytime. With this new version none of my mix points work from 3.4, even though I did exactly as was posted in another thread by copying and dropping the database files from 3.4. The main reason I wanted to go to 4.1 was for the exceptional sound quality, but if basic funcctions don't work the program is useless.

Oh well, I reverted back to bullet proof 3.4.

geposted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 3:58 am
95%