Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SKINS????? HELP??????

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

webe3PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi there, I am new here and to the whole mp3 DJ thing. I was at the AC Expo and got v4,installed it on my laptop,seems the install went ok. I tried to download skins and like most everyone else they don't work. Someone suggested install v3 then re install v4, change a file name to this or that and everything works????? Is there going to be a software fix for this? How do I fix the problem? People are saying v4 is buggy and the old version is better. Now I am wondering if this purchase was a good investment. Please anyone that can shed some light on my problem...let me know. Thanks in advance. Oh and I need some advice on a soundcard for my laptop. Not sure if I will use a TC cd or not. My laptop has firewire and USB 1 on it and 2 cardbuss slots. It's a dell p4 2.5 gig with 512 ddr ram. Need more ram??? For now I am just doing MP3s no video...yet. Thanks again for the help....Mike

geposted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 8:38 am
I'm thinking just like you as far as the investment.as far as the problems I'm having the same thing & also asking if we can get download 3.4 & let us decide which way to go.

geposted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 1:23 pm
It's not a problem with v4. It's just that the installers for the skins are set to detect v3.4, once the dev team have changed this to detect v4 as well then the skins issue will be resolved.

In the meantime, why not send a pm to the author of the skin asking if he will kindly send you the zip files.

geposted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 2:10 pm
I think you made a good investment. From what I understand VDJ4 was a complete re-write from the ground up. as 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, etc. arrive I'm sure the new features as well as broken ones will be addressed.

I guess they (dev team, corp) could have waited to release but the flip side is we could have waited to install. I for one don't mind some testing to help them along. I have a test set aside from my gig set so It doesn't put me out.

In general as with any software, It's wise not to install the latest and greatest as soon as its available. For instance, I use quickbooks and I use it on one PC. I never install the latest version. I will usually stay one version behind no matter what feature hype there is ;)

In my opinion, as subjective as it may be, VDJ is a well thought out piece of software and I'm looking forward to its longevity and product updates.

~Mix Master Mark~

geposted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 4:27 pm
webe3PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi there,

Thanks for the info. I will try getting the zip files for the skins. I did not know that v4 was a complete re-build. Hopefully the bugs will get worked out so I can start using the program. Any help on a sound card for the program. Maya, Indigo DJ, Audiophile, etc.

Thanks Again

Mike

geposted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 6:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)